Taking My First RCI Cruise in March 2015 on FOS

iamachobo

This is my first cruise with RCI, having taken 4 cruises with NCL prior on much smaller ships. Have read quite a few posts with regards to Freedom of the Seas and what to expect but still have a few questions :)

When would the lobster night be usually for a 7 day cruise?

I have read that it is usually on a formal night and the first sea day and then another in a later sea day would be formal nights, and that the lobster night is usually on the 2nd formal night. Is that the case?

What would be the dress code for a formal night and is it strictly enforced?

Having gone only on NCL prior (as I hate to dress up), what would be the minimal accepted dress code for a formal night?

I have booked guaranteed cabins and was assigned cabin 6340, has anyone stayed in the cabin? It seems to be right by the elevator and stairs, would it be noisy?

Thanks in advance for all your helps and answers in advance :)

I am still a newbie in terms of cruising, but am trying to do 1 cruise per year as I fell in love with cruising ever since my first cruise in 2009 :)

The suggested dress code for formal night, is men in Suits and ladies, cocktail dresses or long pants and a nice top. The dining has become less strict on what people wear, yet in the main dining with the exception of breakfast and lunch, shorts, flip flops are are not recommended.

Formal night is done the 2nd night and about two days out from returning to port with an added Formal night on 10 day or longer cruises, but I can't say anything regarding the lobster. I feel you will enjoy sailing RCCL on the FOS

Edited by Desert Cruizers

Hi there, we were just on FOS in early November doing a Western Caribbean itinerary.

The two formal nights were on the Monday and the Thursday. The lobster night was on Thursday night.

I would say about 90 per cent of people were dressed quite formally on these nights but there were still a few people that were not and they were in the diningroom.

I would say as long as you are not in shorts and flip flops you will be ok. It is not completely necessary to dress up on these nights.

You are going to love the FOS! It was our first cruise and we loved it. Have a great time.

You will LOVE FOS. It's our favorite ship and we will be sailing on it for the THIRD time in June. I usually wear a LBD or dressy slacks and a top with some sparkle on formal night. Honestly, you won't, in our experience see 90% in full on long gowns. The guys, this time might skip the jackets and just wear shirt, slack and tie. The formal nights on Caribbean cruises have become less formal. We're enjoying packing lighter and the suit jacket might become a casualty and not get taken with us this June. Last formal night is lobster night. Casual nights are capri pants, sundresses or slacks/top. The guys usually take a couple of pairs of slacks and a few polo shirts, which they rotate during the cruise because they usually change back into shorts and t-shirts after dinner. Enjoy.

Thanks for all of the answers above :)

My wife and I are in our early 30s and am also looking forward to the activities on board. Any activities that are "MUST"s? :)

Also, still hoping for someone to help answer the noise level question :) Wondering whether I should try to ask to be assigned to a different room should that cabin be too noisy..

Again, thanks in advance!!

Thanks for all of the answers above :)

My wife and I are in our early 30s and am also looking forward to the activities on board. Any activities that are "MUST"s? :)

Also, still hoping for someone to help answer the noise level question :) Wondering whether I should try to ask to be assigned to a different room should that cabin be too noisy..

Again, thanks in advance!!

Cabins near elevator are fine. Less walking down the halls

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app