Are Tervis Tumblers Overrated?

Richjoxyz

You get 16oz drinks for the 12oz price when you purchase the tumblers :D

Not on the Sunshine 2 weeks ago. The Red Frog draft in their regular glass holds more than 16 oz Tervis. Bought their regular, took a few swallows and then poured it into my 16 oz Tervis. Filled it to the brim and stayed cold to the last drop. :)

Edited by tandemcruzr

I am Platinum and have six Tervis Tumblers that were given as Platinum cruiser gifts from previous cruises.

We never used them, and they are still in the original packaging. I am thinking about taking a couple for our upcoming B2B and use to keep beer cold. My wife said they are overrated and not to bother.

Should I take them, or are they overrated?

I love my Tervis mugs. They are much more durable and are extremely effective at keeping cold drinks cold and hot drinks hot. What more can you ask for from a drink glass?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

We like them so much we bought the Red Frog ones from the bar to keep! Yes, they keep drinks COLD. The coffee cups and other plastic cups are much cheaper and not worthwhile IMHO. Our coffee cups lasted about a week...they leak and the bottoms are not level. Our plastic DOD daiquiri cups didn't wash well and look like they have been scrubbed with a Brillo pad after several uses. Tervis tumblers sell for around $10 at Publix with lids sold separately for around $3 each (pick your color). I am going to get some Blue Iguana ones in January:)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We like them so much we bought the Red Frog ones from the bar to keep! Yes, they keep drinks COLD. The coffee cups and other plastic cups are much cheaper and not worthwhile IMHO. Our coffee cups lasted about a week...they leak and the bottoms are not level. Our plastic DOD daiquiri cups didn't wash well and look like they have been scrubbed with a Brillo pad after several uses. Tervis tumblers sell for around $10 at Publix with lids sold separately for around $3 each (pick your color). I am going to get some Blue Iguana ones in January:)

If you can buy them on board, how much are they??

I am Platinum and have six Tervis Tumblers that were given as Platinum cruiser gifts from previous cruises.

We never used them, and they are still in the original packaging. I am thinking about taking a couple for our upcoming B2B and use to keep beer cold. My wife said they are overrated and not to bother.

We love our Tervis Tumblers. We use them all the time for hot and cold drinks.

Unlike lots of other posters, we don't take ours with us on cruises because we just don't want to carry them around. It's much easier to leave our dirty glasses with the proper staff members.

Whatever you decide, enjoy your cruise.

Going on Breeze in 3 weeks' date=' when and where can we buy these cups ?[/quote']

Red Frog Rum Bar and Blue Iguana Tequila Bar on the Lido deck sell their branded Tervis Tumblers. I purchased them without the lids for $9.99 each. I bought lids at Bed, Bath, and Beyond for about $2.00 each after using one of their perpetual coupons.

Before anyone asks, we did not buy lids because we were not going to use the Tumblers on the ship, we wanted them for home.

Thanks !

And I'll ask' date=' what size lid ( color ) should we buy for the cups. We will surely be stopping by to purchase our cups as soon as we board...[/quote']

Look for 16 oz. lids. They are well labeled at BB&B. We bought a fluorescent lime green lid for our Blue Iguana Tumbler and a mustard yellow lid for our Red Frog Tumbler.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1881516 Go to post #14 for a picture.

Thank You !!

We are really looking forward to this cruise' date=' and I want to make sure that I get as much info. as possible about Breeze and all she has to offer ![/quote']

We sailed Breeze in October 2013. She's a beautiful ship. She is my DH's favorite. Mine is Miracle.

We spent many evenings in the Red Frog Pub. Make sure you check the fun times for the Pub Quizzes. It's trivia and the prize is a 108(?) oz. beer tube or a 60 oz. fishbowl.

The library has a wine bar. (Uh, oh, is there a pattern here? :eek:)

We sailed Breeze in October 2013. She's a beautiful ship. She is my DH's favorite. Mine is Miracle.

We spent many evenings in the Red Frog Pub. Make sure you check the fun times for the Pub Quizzes. It's trivia and the prize is a 108(?) oz. beer tube or a 60 oz. fishbowl.

The library has a wine bar. (Uh, oh, is there a pattern here? :eek:)

Sounds Good ! Definitely will give Red Frog a try or 2 or 3

I usually find a kid to give the gift too. One Tervis tumbler is all we needed, didn't want the coffee cups or backpacks and only use one collapsable cooler for wifes makeup and on board for a cooler. Hats? I got at least 50 at home. It's neat to see a childs face light up when you give them something as a souvenir.

It won't work well for beer, but coffee, water mixed drinks will be fine.

It won't work well for beer, but coffee, water mixed drinks will be fine.

You can buy them with beer in both bars on Lido (different designs). They aren't our glass of choice for beer, but they worked just fine for us in the middle of July.

• 2 weeks later...