Immigration forms, late check in and shore excursion?

My boyfriend and I are going on our first cruise in two days, Carnival Spirit to Mare, Noumea and Isle of Pines. We chose our check in time too late and will check in at 3:30, and I am now worried that we will not get on the boat in time to book our shore excursions before they all fill up.

My question is how quickly do the excursions fill up? We really want to do the Amedee Island one, this is the only one we want to do as it's expensive but have been told it's a wonderful excursion. I would be very disappointed to miss out on it.

I also wanted to know what currency you pay for the excursions on?

Last question is, our travel agent gave us immigration forms to fill in, I had not known until today that we even needed them, the carnival website didn't say anything about them, will we need these for the check in terminal?

Thanks in advance!

Re immigration departure forms - of course you need to complete them - its no different to boarding a plane to leave the country. Your agent has just done you a favour sending them early so you can complete them in advance. Otherwise blank forms will be provided during the boarding stage.

And upon your return you will also be given arrival forms to complete - again just like on a flight.

In regards to the shore excursion, if you go straight to the shore excursion desk as soon as you board you should be ok. But make sure you go there before anything else as there are limited spaces for Amadee and it is very popular. And if you do get to go on it, you will love every second of it.

My boyfriend and I are going on our first cruise in two days, Carnival Spirit to Mare, Noumea and Isle of Pines. We chose our check in time too late and will check in at 3:30, and I am now worried that we will not get on the boat in time to book our shore excursions before they all fill up.

My question is how quickly do the excursions fill up? We really want to do the Amedee Island one, this is the only one we want to do as it's expensive but have been told it's a wonderful excursion. I would be very disappointed to miss out on it.

I also wanted to know what currency you pay for the excursions on?

Last question is, our travel agent gave us immigration forms to fill in, I had not known until today that we even needed them, the carnival website didn't say anything about them, will we need these for the check in terminal?

Thanks in advance!

with the check in the first couple of hours is busy so if you wander down about 2pm and if they are not busy they might let you check in early (if they wont you might have to go away and come back later)

the currency for the excursion will be in AUD and they should charge it to your card

a lot of people put down cash for the account as it saves the cruise line putting holds on your credit card as it can take up to 30 days to get the holds taken off

RE: immigration outgoing departure forms and incoming

Yes you need to fill a form out when you leave and when you come back.

(P&O also ask you fill out a health form )

You should be given the incoming form on your last night.

There is a question on the form that asks you where you spent most of your time out of the country, the answer is AT SEA.

Be very carefull of the rest of the answers when you return, its better to declare something you are not sure about, then getting arrested, there are limits of alcohol, tobacco , and watch out for wooden articles, customs have no sense of humor.

Also your bags will be x-rayed, take a pen with you.

Try and use a debit card not a credit card, as they will charge a fee for credit cards.

Edited by 6666oz

Haven't been on Carnival but on our cruise over Christmas last year, they were still advertising bookings for Amedee Island up until we actually docked in Noumea. So, hopefully you will be successful in getting a booking with Carnival on boarding day.

Amedee Island is well worth a visit.

RE: immigration outgoing departure forms and incoming

Yes you need to fill a form out when you leave and when you come back.

(P&O also ask you fill out a health form )

You should be given the incoming form on your last night.

There is a question on the form that asks you where you spent most of your time out of the country, the answer is AT SEA.

Be very carefull of the rest of the answers when you return, its better to declare something you are not sure about, then getting arrested, there are limits of alcohol, tobacco , and watch out for wooden articles, customs have no sense of humor.

Also your bags will be x-rayed, take a pen with you.

Try and use a debit card not a credit card, as they will charge a fee for credit cards.

going by the Carnival site they charge a fee to use your debit card too,this is from the FAQ

Credit/Debit card: (1.5% service fee applies), we accept Visa, Mastercard, AMEX and Diners Club. Please contact our Customer Service department to make payment over the phone

going by the Carnival site they charge a fee to use your debit card too,this is from the FAQ

Credit/Debit card: (1.5% service fee applies), we accept Visa, Mastercard, AMEX and Diners Club. Please contact our Customer Service department to make payment over the phone

1.5% of $1,000.00 spending money = $15.00 which is, for arguments sake - 2 cups of coffee and cake - maybe even 1 cake between 2, depends where you are. Not worth hassling about. I certainly wouldn't. :p You can waste more than that buying some trinket you'll never use - even worse.....no one wants :eek::eek::eek: IMHO:D

Edited by dizzy1948