Royal Caribbean Cookbooks Recipes

Does anyone have any of the RCCL cookbooks, and can tell me what recipes are in them? I know there are like 3 or 4 different cookbooks out there, and I am buying one for a family member, but I need to know what recipes are in it before I buy one. Can anyone help me out? If you have one, could you tell me which one it is and a list of the recipes? I would appreciate it! Thanks!!

The one I have is Carte du Jour 2nd ed and it has recipes from the various restaurants, such as Rita's Cantina, Chef's Table, Samba Grill, Vintages, Chops, Izumi, 150 CP, Giovanni's, and MDR. printed 2012, in China :/ 9780979728259 isbn

Edited by marci22

The one I have is Carte du Jour 2nd ed and it has recipes from the various restaurants, such as Rita's Cantina, Chef's Table, Samba Grill, Vintages, Chops, Izumi, 150 CP, Giovanni's, and MDR. printed 2012, in China :/

I just bought this edition on my recent Freedom cruise a few weeks ago......I have yet to make anything from it.....lol

I just bought this edition on my recent Freedom cruise a few weeks ago......I have yet to make anything from it.....lol

Yeah I skimmed through the recipes and it seems like an odd collection. Maybe these are favorites? I don't know.

Does anyone know what cookbook has a lot of the chilled fruit soups and the Vidalia Onion Tart recipes in it?

It is in the Savor Collection; but not sure which volume. Definitely not Carte du Jour 2nd Edition which I have as well.

The person who compiled the books is Corinne Lewis, Food and Beverage Operations. Perhaps there is a way to find an email and reach out to find out which book or books contains what you are looking for?

There is a Savor book on ebay; perhaps email the seller and ask about some specific recipes to determine if that is the book you are looking for in particular. Happy hunting!

The one I have is Carte du Jour 2nd ed and it has recipes from the various restaurants, such as Rita's Cantina, Chef's Table, Samba Grill, Vintages, Chops, Izumi, 150 CP, Giovanni's, and MDR. printed 2012, in China :/ 9780979728259 isbn

I bought the same for DW for Christmas some time ago. It's nice to look at while eating ramen noodles and saving up for the next cruise! :p

But seriously, they are nice gifts for cruise fans. :)

Thanks honeybunches! I know there was a cookbook that had some fruit soups and the vidalia onion tart, but if I can't find which one it is, I may get the cookbook you have. Because they are a big fan of the chilled fruit soups and really want those recipes. Thanks!

Thanks honeybunches! I know there was a cookbook that had some fruit soups and the vidalia onion tart, but if I can't find which one it is, I may get the cookbook you have. Because they are a big fan of the chilled fruit soups and really want those recipes. Thanks!

I ordered Savor 2 for $5 from Amazon. I'll let you know if those things are in it.

Here is the tart recipe posted by SueL:

Royal Caribbean International

Vidalia Onion Tart with Red Pepper Coulis Garnish

October 2006

PIE

1 pie crust purchased or

1 cup all purpose flour

½ tsp. salt

¼ cup shortening at room temperature

3 Tablespoons water

3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

1 cup julienned Vidalia onions (2-3 onions)

1 Tablespoon chopped thyme

Salt and freshly ground pepper

FILING

½ cup shredded Gruyere cheese

3 eggs

1/3 cup heavy cream

1 Tablespoon chopped parsley

1 Tablespoon chopped chives

½ tsp. ground nutmeg

RED PEPPER COULIS

4 red bell peppers

1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil

GARNISH

1 medium Vidalia onion

1/3 cup vegetable oil

Fresh chervil

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

In a medium bowl, with a fork, lightly stir together flour and salt. With fork, cut shortening into flour until the mixture resembles crumbs. Sprinkle cold water one teaspoon at a time, mixing lightly with a fork after each addition, until pastry begins to hold together. With your hands, shape into a ball. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.

On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry in 1/8 inch thick circle about 2 inches larger than pie mold.

Roll pastry circle gently onto rolling pin. Transfer to pie mold and unroll. With a sharp knife, trim edges, pinch to form a high ridge and make a decorative edge by pressing with a fork. Prick pie crust with a fork to prevent puffing during baking. Refrigerate for ½ hour.

Blind bake pie crust for 7 minutes, remove from oven and let cool.

While pie crust is baking, warm olive oil in a small sauce pan over medium heat, and sauté onions until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add thyme and season with salt and pepper.

Spread onions evenly in pie crust. Sprinkle with cheese.

In a medium bowl, beat eggs lightly; add cream, fresh herbs and seasonings. Beat until well mixed.

Pour mixture over cheese and onions. Bake for 40 minutes.

For coulis, blanch peppers in boiling water. Cool in ice water, and remove skins.

In a blender, puree the peppers and olive oil until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.

For garnish, in a small skillet over high heat, warm oil and deep fry onion until golden brown (about 2 minutes).

Serve slices of tart on warmed plates, top with fried onions and garnish with spoons of pepper coulis.

Edited by marci22

• 2 weeks later...

I am back with the Savor2 report. Someone's old receipt is still in it, they bought it on Navigator in 2010.

Anyway, some recipes included are Vidalia Onion Tart, Red Pepper Hummus,

Mushroom puff pastry, Truffled Wild Mushroom Linguini Alfredo, Lamb shank, Indian vegetable curry, Chilled Forest Berry and buttermilk soup, chilled orange and banana soup, drinks at the end such as wildberry lava colada and BBC. Grand Marnier souffle in here too.

Let me know if you are looking for something in particular.

Edited by marci22