Review: 3 day Sensation/Nassau (Kids 1st cruise)

kaylaw25

Thank you for the great report. We'll be sailing on the Sensation January 4 on a four day.

I have a few questions. Would you mind giving us your experience with regard to the Port and embarkation? Also, were there any tuxedos during the formal dinner night?

Thanks in advance.

Embarkation was very easy. When you walk in you show the 1st person your boarding pass. Then you walk through security. I had a small cooler with water and juice boxes and a bottle of wine. I also had my cross body bag with all my travel documents. I didn't take a "carry on" with extra clothes and stuff. You put your stuff on the conveyor belt and let them scan it and you walk through the metal detector and grab your stuff on the other side of the metal detector. Then we were directed to go to a line where they wanted you to show them the form about your health. Then we went directly to the counter where you sign in and receive your sail and sign card and set up your account. From there you travel up an escalator and start your way down a long hallway until you reach the gangway and you walk right on the ship.

As far as the Port, we used a cheap parking alternative so I can't give you my opinion on it. From Dropping my sister off though, it was easy to find GPS took us right to it. When you pull up someone will direct you to pull up into a parking space and unload your luggage and the entrance to the port is only a short walk down the sidewalk. I'm assuming after you drop your luggage you go park your car and then walk back.

In regards to formal night, my sons wore button ups, khakis, and casual shoes. I don't think they are strict on attire because we were surprised to see a couple of folk in jeans. On the other hand there were some in suit and ties. I didn't witness any tuxedos. I'd say wear what makes you comfortable after all, its your vacation.

Oh Yea BTW our room stewards name was Melvin. I had a pic of him in my other camera. He was AMAZING! Anything we needed he got it immediately and we never had to wait long. He always filled my cooler with ice and he left extra chocolates for my kids. Every time we saw him in passing my kids would say, "Hi Mr. Melvin!" and he'd high five them and tell them if they were good boys he'd leave them something special on their pillow.

I enjoyed your review of the Sensation. I have a soft spot for that ship since it was my first Carnival cruise way back in 2000! Your boys are adorable, and by their beautiful smiles, it seems they had a blast! I agree with you that other travellers can really make things unpleasant at times. Sounds like you had a lot of inconsiderate ones on board. Same thing happened to me on my flight back home from Fort Lauderdale to Philadelphia, it had to be some of the rudest people I have ever seen on a plane at the same time!

I am told that longer cruises seem to attract a better behaved group. I don't know as I have never done less than a 7 day one.

Thanks again for your great review and photos! :)

Thank you for your compliments. I guess the only way to counteract rude people is to continue to be nice and friendly. No need in me being rude. Maybe one day I'll rub off on someone else.

Embarkation was very easy. When you walk in you show the 1st person your boarding pass. Then you walk through security. I had a small cooler with water and juice boxes and a bottle of wine. I also had my cross body bag with all my travel documents. I didn't take a "carry on" with extra clothes and stuff. You put your stuff on the conveyor belt and let them scan it and you walk through the metal detector and grab your stuff on the other side of the metal detector. Then we were directed to go to a line where they wanted you to show them the form about your health. Then we went directly to the counter where you sign in and receive your sail and sign card and set up your account. From there you travel up an escalator and start your way down a long hallway until you reach the gangway and you walk right on the ship.

As far as the Port, we used a cheap parking alternative so I can't give you my opinion on it. From Dropping my sister off though, it was easy to find GPS took us right to it. When you pull up someone will direct you to pull up into a parking space and unload your luggage and the entrance to the port is only a short walk down the sidewalk. I'm assuming after you drop your luggage you go park your car and then walk back.

In regards to formal night, my sons wore button ups, khakis, and casual shoes. I don't think they are strict on attire because we were surprised to see a couple of folk in jeans. On the other hand there were some in suit and ties. I didn't witness any tuxedos. I'd say wear what makes you comfortable after all, its your vacation.

Thank you for your quick response, and thanks again for the detailed report.

Thank you for your compliments. I guess the only way to counteract rude people is to continue to be nice and friendly. No need in me being rude. Maybe one day I'll rub off on someone else.

You have the right outlook on the rude ones! I was on the Sensation in July and we had some rude ones as well. But I think because it's a short cruise it's a whole different crowd. We had a blast and as someone else said she was partial to it because it was the first ship she cruised on. Same for me! I like the smaller ships. Your boys are adorable!

your boys enjoyed that all that counts.

We have done many cruises & maybe 25 of them were on the Sensation. Love the staff & crew but the other passengers leave a lot to be desired.

At one time in Sept on a three day of our B2B2B2B I ask security to walk me to my cabin. I was afraid, we were on the Riviera & I just didn't feel safe that night. Larry had gone ahead of me so I was alone.

Char

Thanks for your review! Always love to read other kid's first cruise reviews. They always take me back to when my kids took their respective first cruises! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Tapi

Thanks for the review! We loved our 3-day Sensation cruise last month so much, we just booked another for a week from tomorrow!

You're so right. There does seem to be so much more than 3 days packed in to that weekend. Glad you made it through the frustrations and that your (adorable!) kids had a great time.

Then we were directed to go to a line where they wanted you to show them the form about your health.

Hi there! I'm going on the Sensation on Jan 11th. I've only been on one cruise before. I know to bring my stamped Birth Certificate (or passport), but I don't remember needing a form about my health last time. What is this, please? Do you fill it out there? Is it in my online stuff somewhere?

Thanks for your help and for your review!

Loved your review. Your Mom looks more like your sister! You have a beautiful family and your children look like they had a great time. The pic of them toasting....priceless.

OT..my Mom passed 19 years ago and always wanted to go on a cruise. Seeing you with your Mom made me think of how she never got a chance. Spending time with family builds great memories that will last a life time.

Thank you for sharing :)

Mandiesmom, When you print your documents, it will print also. Just a standard CYA form from customs.

Thanks so much! I found it. I had printed it already, but had not looked at it yet. I was just assuming my docs were the same as last Oct. Glad I read this thread and realized it so I didn't hold up a line. :)

I enjoyed your review and photos.

Your sons are cute! If you thought they were a handful on a cruise how did your sister manage with an 8 month old? Would she have preferred to cruise without him?

Thank you and yes, she said she'll never do that again LOL. Originally Gabe was supposed to stay home with his God mother but this is my sisters 1st baby (after a miscarriage) so she's VERY attached to him. The closer the trip got the more she started having second thoughts. About a week before we left she called and added him to the booking.

I think she would've enjoyed it more if she weren't still breastfeeding. My mom kept him a lot so she could enjoy her 1st cruise but she'd have to check in every couple hours to feed him. Not to mention there weren't a lot of options in the dining room to feed him. She's been slowly introducing him to soft solid foods.

Question for you. Was Josh Waitzman your cruise director or was it still Jase?

I am not good with names sorry I can't tell you! I don't remember I believe it was Jase. I remember it was something with a J. LOL When I get home I can look at my Fun times and clarify.

Loved your review. Your Mom looks more like your sister! You have a beautiful family and your children look like they had a great time. The pic of them toasting....priceless.

OT..my Mom passed 19 years ago and always wanted to go on a cruise. Seeing you with your Mom made me think of how she never got a chance. Spending time with family builds great memories that will last a life time.

Thank you for sharing :)

Thanks so much! I am sorry for your loss. I truly enjoyed this cruise with my mom. We have both been separately but this was our 1st time together. We had such a good time we agreed that we would do a mother/daughter/grandkid cruise every year. I was able to see a whole new side of her that I've never seen before. I guess its true that when you cruise you can really let loose and be yourself.

Great Review!

I'm Glad that you and your family enjoyed your cruise. As you found out, Your Cruise is what You Make It!!! I bet your Beautiful Boys can't wait until the next cruise.

Yes! While we were in port a Disney ship was next to ours and Anthony is now reading so of course that's the first thing he read when we got off the sensation lol. I kept trying to redirect his attention but it was too late. Now he's asking when are we going on a Disney cruise. I don't want to but I'm going to do it maybe in 2016. I have to save up for that one LOL Maybe dad will give me the money and the okay for Elijah's birthday next August.