Crown Princess 12/20 Embarkation Delay

Rumline

We got that email for our November 23 Golden cruise...Ignored it...arrived 11:30 and were onboard by 11:50...

We haven't gotten it yet for our January 3 Crown cruise...I'm guessing it's coming any day now...

We plan on ignoring it again...

But, lucky for us, it seems to be scaring away a lot of people...Definitely very small crowd boarded early with us...

There might be 2 ships in San Pedro that day and I will tell you that our experience when the Golden and the Grand were in port on the same day.. complete chaos! The Grand passengers, we were among them, had to embark at the older location (white big tent) with the 2600 cruisers entering a smaller facility with very poor passenger door control. The line for Elite, Suite, and Platinum was awful. There was so much "attitude" I was embarrassed to stand in that line. Some passengers were in the wrong waiting line(they were going on the Golden) and had checked in their baggage in the wrong section. There were no announcements informing passengers which ship was at which dock. So this may be away to alleviate that problem..only guessing.

Have a great cruise...and know that this is only a small part of the cruise..getting on board!

Crown Delayed Embarkation OR NOT???

I was wondering if anyone who is on the Crown Princess right now can confirm if the 12-20-14 embarkation start was delayed to 1:00 or not? Inquiring minds want to know! :confused::D:confused:

Just curious as I received the same notice for our 01-03-15 trip on the Crown... I am thinking this is just their tactic to try to avoid a bunch of early arrivals for check-in, but was hoping to verify either way.

Happy Cruising!

Mark

NOTE: Just noticed another page of posts that shed some light as I suspected... Still curious, but not too worried! Can't wait to be on a ship again!!!

Edited by cruisehappy001

Crown Delayed Embarkation OR NOT???

I was wondering if anyone who is on the Crown Princess right now can confirm if the 12-20-14 embarkation start was delayed to 1:00 or not? Inquiring minds want to know! :confused::D:confused:

Just curious as I received the same notice for our 01-03-15 trip on the Crown... I am thinking this is just their tactic to try to avoid a bunch of early arrivals for check-in, but was hoping to verify either way.

Happy Cruising!

Mark

NOTE: Just noticed another page of posts that shed some light as I suspected... Still curious, but not too worried! Can't wait to be on a ship again!!!

Mark,

I am also on the January 3 Crown...and got the same email...

But I was also on the November 23 Golden four weeks ago...Got the email and ignored it...

Arrived 11:30 and was onboard by 11:50...

I actually hope a lot of people fall for the email and arrive later...That's good for me...

Ps.: Mark,

Haven't seen you on the Roll Call for the 1/3 Crown...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2135437

Edited by Bruin Steve

I am thinking this is just their tactic to try to avoid a bunch of early arrivals for check-in, but was hoping to verify either way.

You answered uyour own question.....

This has been done at several ports over the last couple of years.

As noted by another poster just show up as normal.

The gangway opened around 12:40. So embarkation was delayed about an hour. For what its worth, when we asked the Bon Voyage coordinator guy he said that the port had put a hold on embarkation and thats why there was a delay. They skipped the Bon Voyage guided tour (not that we cared) but lunch went off just fine.

There were large numbers of people in the waiting area, and many groups sitting on the floor. So apparently not many people heeded the delay email either. [emoji6]

We just disembarked from the Crown today, thus, our embarkation was on 12/13. This was delayed until about 12:30 or so -- just made it to lunch in the main dining room around 1:00.

I saw today that they were allowing passengers to choose their desired disembarkation time all the way up through 11:30. So, I think they are switching things up a bit by allowing passengers to disembark so late in the morning ....and the new passengers cannot board until that disembarkation is completed. Is this something new fleet wide? Not sure but if so, I will start planning my flights a bit later in the day.