Any sales for summer carnival cruises?

newcastlegirl

Carnival is always changing their rates. But sometimes they just go up and don't come back down. What you need to determine is if there is a rate you are willing to buy at and be comfortable with, you should do it. I always get our rate for what I am willing to pay and feel it is a good deal. If it goes down and I have ES, then I am doing better. But I don't count on that happening.

We're booked for a cruise in May, and I've checked frequently for any sales that might apply to us. So far, no luck. I wouldn't be surprised to see some sales for 2015 bookings starting some time after January 1st. Keep checking. Good luck!

Has anyone got reduced rates for summer cruise on southern itinerary to St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts and St. Maarten out of San Juan?
It's basic supply and demand. The heart of the summer from mid June till first week of August is currently 679 and each week thereafter is currently a little less.

8/8....629

8/16....559

8/23....499

8/30....399

Labor Day is the latest it can be on 9/7.

Sales for summer cruises come along just like any other season of the year. Variables for your booking determine whether you will see a price drop or not. But I say it's still too early yet. We always cruise in the summer and always pay less than what we originally book for. Of course sails come along at the last minute too. Just keep checkin'.;)

I was just wondering if anyone has gotten price drops for summer cruises and approximately howmuch.

We normally book a cruise for the last week in August.

We have cruised 24 times. (also cruise in February)

in the 24 cruises only 2 have ever came down in price.

Our cruises have always sailed more then what we paid.

If this is something you want to do-- book it and watch the prices.

Summer sailings are always $$

For this past summer, there was a lot of chatter on this site that the summer prices were the lowest that anyone had ever seen. So there was most certainly some sales. But was that a one off, who knows. One thing to keep in mind is that oil prices are dropping fast so.. I assume that means the cost of one of Carnival higher operations items (gas) will also diminish.. which in a dream world would mean lower cruises prices..

I thought I had seen lower prices on cruises this past summer but i wasn't positive since I normally cruise in early December when prices are generally lower. One would think that because gas prices are are lower that it would have a positive effect on cruise fares and the prices will come down but you never know. There was mention in another thread that there will be a 24 hour sale on Monday for cruises up to March. Maybe they will lower cruise fares in the short term and then monitor the price of gas going forward.

I was just wondering if anyone has gotten price drops for summer cruises and approximately howmuch.

We cruise every summer and rarely have ever gotten a price drop. The only price drop we ever got was after the Concordia tragedy. Our July cruise dropped over $1200 in one week with five different calls to my PVP. Obviously this was due to extraordinary circumstances, but crazy stuff does happen. Hopefully not any time soon.

We sailed this itinerary last year on the Valor and saw no real price drops until shortly before sailing. When it finally did drop we saw real savings though. We are booked again at the same time of year, fall, and have already been looking, but don't expect anything for a while.

For this past summer, there was a lot of chatter on this site that the summer prices were the lowest that anyone had ever seen. So there was most certainly some sales. But was that a one off, who knows. One thing to keep in mind is that oil prices are dropping fast so.. I assume that means the cost of one of Carnival higher operations items (gas) will also diminish.. which in a dream world would mean lower cruises prices..

I think you could be right. I took a 8 day Eastern Caribbean out of Port Canavaral in July for $579pp Ocean View. My May 8 day cruise hasn't budged from $809pp same room. There was an article last year I read that said cruise prices would go down slightly in 2015 because of several new ships coming out and there being an extra 15,000 rooms to sell. I haven't seen it yet.