my stateroom catagory sold out

cruiser2053

I'm cruising on the Breeze in June in a spa balcony deck 11, I think its a category 8P and I booked ES. When I go to check my rates to see if there is a change in price this Category is sold out so what I have been doing is checking on the spa balconies on deck 12 which there is still availability, so the question is can I still get a price reduction or since this category is sold out am I pretty much locked in at the price I booked at?

Thanks

Jeff

According to ES rules, you are not allowed to match prices to a higher category, although some people have gotten Carnival to break that rule for them. You could stay put & hope that someone else in your category either upgrades or cancels. You would have to keep on checking to see if that happens. Once there is availability, put in for the lower price, if it's lower.

Or you could upgrade to a category 8S room on deck 12, hoping that it takes awhile for those to sell out. 2 issues that I see though. (1) You might prefer a deck 11 room, which has a room above you, while the deck 12 rooms have the spa above it. Although, most of the spa probably wouldn't be a problem. I would probably avoid being below the salon. (2) It looks to me like this is a mid-June cruise. Those summer cruises are very popular & tend to be very expensive. It's not common to see any price drops on these high demand sailings. When you book at a high demand time, the price you got at the time of booking is probably as low as it will be, which makes you the ultimate Early Saver winner. But if Carnival is overshooting what the demand will be, then the prices will have to come down. It's odd that all 8Ps are gone, while almost all 8Ss are available. I would wait to see if prices start dropping before moving up to the 8S.