Is it true about UK

LITTLE OL ME

How is the Miracle selling now that it is in Long Beach year round?

Smaller ship, significantly smaller number of rooms. Carnival is happy with the what the Miracle is doing, but it is not an accident that all the ships on the west coast fit thru the canal.

I do think they should experiment and take one of the Fantasy class of ships and go north in season (San Fran, Seattle and Vancouver).

Putting a new ship on the west coast was a mistake, one they will not do again any time soon.

Although I know the Vista won't be home ported in LA a main reason why the Splendor didn't do so well was mainly because of the bad economy. The recession stared in 2008 and the Splendor came over here to California in 2009 and the state was particularly hit hard by it. Carnival has been extremely cautious about putting too many berths here over the years as the California economy has continued to recover.

Edited by cjknox
Grammatical Error

Although I know the Vista won't be home ported in LA a main reason why the Splendor didn't do so well was mainly because of the bad economy. The recession stared in 2008 and the Splendor came over here to California in 2009 and the state was particularly hit hard by it. Carnival has been extremely cautious about putting too many berths here over the years as the California economy has continued to recover.

I am sure the economy played a part. Their caution is well founded, they took a bath sailing her around the horn two times..... I think the west coast should be happy to have the Miracle and have three ports to call on for a week cruise.

Which is why we're happy to cruise on another line for a longer cruise visiting more ports. We also have California Coastals to choose from on other lines. We're doing a California Coastal on Jewel of the Seas, which I'm really, really looking forward to.

Carnival from the west coast is very limited. At least I have other options to look at, which I am, so we can cruise 10 or more days travelling up and down the coast.

Options are a good thing. Carnival has never been a leader in regards to unique destinations. It is just not what they do. The have begun to add longer one way cruises to the Caribbean. West coast has limitations in terms of the number of port options. Could they add more going north, sure. Their model is really based upon new cruisers. The corporate marketing plan fr the new year is the same, albeit a total corp view of that (all the cruise lines under the umbrella).

• 3 weeks later...

California doesn't sell because the Mexico ports are....well the Mexico ports. And beyond that the Pacific can be rough and California regulations are expensive.

Not to mention, the Caribbean has much much better ports.

The crazy part is that Long Beach has two short sail ship. They should move one to San Diego to balance.

Carnival just yesterday announced a contest for travel agents with the prize being a free cruise for two from a "North American home port".

True, but it was never in question as to it being in the UK.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What do you mean by our ship? Many US liners are built here in Europe and CCL has some UK ownership but I digress. ;)

Carnival would never have a new ship based here, the UK market is not very Carnival aware (even though this is improving) and Dover is a unpopular cruise port in comparison to Southampton (where you will see the other lines bigger ships but only occasionally). Even as a proud Brit I will say that Dover is a dump and only really famous for the channel crossings and certain cruise itineraries.

I could see Carnival having a smaller older ship doing summers with UK, Spanish and Italian starting points but not much else. The sunshine seemed to be popular when going round the Med in 2013 but the Legend going the Baltics was less so.

Anyway, not sure if this has been posted but someone was floating it around on facebook. It could be any made up document but it shows the Vista booked in Dubrovnik, Croatia at the bottom of the page in June 2016. The other ships on the document are correct by the way.:

156029_955727501105838_2097267604904160297_n.jpg?oh=75672f354505cfad1a75a16dd2e428ce&oe=5534A50D

Edited by Velvetwater

Hi Velvet

That document is not made up, it's for real I posted the picture of it straight off my iPad;) onto one of the the FB pages. She is also listed on Gibraltar (1 stop) and Rome port schedules too.

Looks like a Med cruise in 2016 is on the cards. Plus John has been teasing us all with Med pictures. It would be nice if the ship was based in European waters year round, we can dream.

Haha awesome heather, I agree that there should be a Carnival ship round these parts all year round.

Realised the Dubrovnik document was old news when I discovered the other thread here but ah well...I have been away for some time. :)

I just hope there is Greece in with the Croatia stops....as thats where I want to cruise next.