Which FLL HI Express?

CruisinManiac

Could someone tell me which of the following FLL AIRPORT Holiday Inn Express is closet to the airport and easiest to leave from to go to the Port of Miami the next morning? One near some eateries would also be helpful. :)

http://www.hiexpress.com/hotels/us/en/reservation/searchresult?qAdlt=1&qBrs=6c.hi.ex.rs.ic.cp.in.sb.cw.cv.ul.vn&qChld=0&qDest=FORT+LAUDERDALE%2CFL%2CUnited+States&qFRA=1&qGRM=0&qIta=99504425&qPSt=0&qRRSrt=rt&qRef=df&qRms=1&qRpn=1&qRpp=12&qSHp=1&qSmP=3&qSrt=sBR&qWch=0&srb_u=1&icdv=99504425&siclientid=10074&sitrackingid=693762054&dp=true

The one on SR84 is a little tiny bit closer to the airport but the one on 17th St is a MUCH nicer neighborhood with MANY more places to walk to. The Hollywood and Dania locations are a few miles closer to Miami but again 17th st is a MUCH nicer neighborhood.

Edited by royalcruz

We just want to be able to get a shuttle to the hotel from the airport, grab a bite within walking distance (nothing fancy or heavy), and go to sleep. In the morning, we will have a service pick us up and head out to POM. Thought it might be easier for the driver if we were near the interstate to Miami and not have to go out of the way to pick us up. ;)

You should be able to order pizza or something from any of the hotels. The one on Sheridan St in Hollywood is closest to I-95, and there is a Denny's you can walk to.

Thank you. ;) I have been reading the reviews on this hotel. It sounds perfect for our needs. Doesn't include breakfast, but with a huge buffet awaiting at the ship, we don't need much and can grab a muffin or something in the airport to have in the room the next morning. :) Price is more reasonable than the other hotels, too!

Thank you. ;) I have been reading the reviews on this hotel. It sounds perfect for our needs. Doesn't include breakfast, but with a huge buffet awaiting at the ship, we don't need much and can grab a muffin or something in the airport to have in the room the next morning. :) Price is more reasonable than the other hotels, too!

Perfecto! I guess it doesn't include breakfast because a HI and not a HI Express. At least there is a free FLL shuttle. I think you're going to be really happy with that choice if you want to be near I95 south of the airport.

From maps, it looks like the HIE West on Davie has an airport shuttle, breakfast and is close to a Publix for wine and some restaurants. It is currently being offered for $153/night on LMT for the night of 2/28, when we need it.

Can anyone confirm this is a nice hotel and walking distance to the Publix?

The rate seems pretty good and we are seriously considering it. Reviews on TA are good too.

Thanks

ML

From maps, it looks like the HIE West on Davie has an airport shuttle, breakfast and is close to a Publix for wine and some restaurants. It is currently being offered for $153/night on LMT for the night of 2/28, when we need it.

Can anyone confirm this is a nice hotel and walking distance to the Publix?

The rate seems pretty good and we are seriously considering it. Reviews on TA are good too.

Thanks

ML

I don't imagine many cruisers stay in Davie, so you are going to get more information on Trip Advisor. The hotel is a half mile from Publix and next door to Waffle House. It is very close to a college and University and to a popular banquet hall, so the hotel probably mostly has guests for those venues. It's a safe neighborhood.

I don't imagine many cruisers stay in Davie, so you are going to get more information on Trip Advisor. The hotel is a half mile from Publix and next door to Waffle House. It is very close to a college and University and to a popular banquet hall, so the hotel probably mostly has guests for those venues. It's a safe neighborhood.

Hi royalcruz

Hmm, is this hotel too far from the port, so that's why cruisers don't use it? They offer a free port shuttle but we have had to wait too long for those in the past, so will probably call a cab. Do you think the cab fare will be a lot more than the $20 we usually pay for other hotels closer to FLL?

Thanks for any help

ML

Edited by NoWhiners
typos

Hi royalcruz

Hmm, is this hotel too far from the port, so that's why cruisers don't use it? They offer a free port shuttle but we have had to wait too long for those in the past, so will probably call a cab. Do you think the cab fare will be a lot more than the $20 we usually pay for other hotels closer to FLL?

Thanks for any help

ML

HIE Davie is about 8 miles from the port, so it will cost more than $20. It's really no further than the one that the OP is staying at in Hollywood. Budget about $35 plus tip (ask the driver to take I595 all the way to the end for the fastest ride. There is a route that is one mile shorter, but with a lot of traffic lights, so it could cost more for the traffic time). The good thing is that it is a really fast ride because it's almost all highway, very few traffic lights, so if you had a car it would be a great place to stay for the port. It's just not in the same area as the airport or port. If you stay there, either budget the extra taxi cost or just take the shuttle.