If cruise price drops

jascom

We booked our cruise on board and paid final price through agent.

Holland america told us on board if price drops they will adjust it.Our agent says they never adjust price once you pay full price.

How do we get adujustment if price drops?

thank you

What they told you on board was correct, up until the final payment is due. Even after you switch your booking to a TA, you can get the lower price through the TA prior to final payment. Our TA was able to get our price lowered twice for our last cruise before the final payment.

Your TA is correct in that after the final payment, your price is not changed.

After a TA controls your cruise, you should deal through the TA. If the price drops significantly after final payment, a TA can sometimes get some extra compensation for you such as OBC or a good upgrade or upsell, but it is not a given. Our TA has taken the time to call HAL and ask what they can do for us, but cautions us that we may not get better than our final price.

That said, when I book a cruise, I do it because I am ok with the price for what I'm getting. I understand why sales come out if there are unsold rooms closer to the sailing date, and don't take it personally if someone else gets a better deal than I do.

Trish

Same here. When we push the buy button on a cruise inside the final payment window we understand that we are committed. We also understand that the price could subsequently go up or go down. But we booked at a price that we were happy with. It does not make us any happier if the price subsequently increases or less happy if the price decreases.

My guess is that on a ship, like an airline or hotel, there are many price points for the same cabin.

I understand what you all are saying but we were told otherwise.we were encouraged to book through traven agent.we were also told if price drops we have nothing to worry as they will adjust the price.please see the brochure below given to us on board last cruise.

Along with all that fantastic free spending money,

Receive all the following benefits too!

Pay a much smaller deposit*

Most cruises require a deposit of only $100 per person

And that is all that is required until your final payment date.

Reduced deposit flexibility

Cancel or transfer your cruise before the Cancellation Fee

Period, (usually 75 days prior), without any penalty or fees

Future Cruise Deposits are valid for 4 years,

and refundable if unused

Your Travel Professional gets full credit

You can still work with your preferred agent, and if they have any

additional benefits or amenities, you will receive those too

And lastly, did you know...

if the price drops later, we'll adjust it for you?

What do you have to lose?!

Plus, all reservations made will be entered into a raffle to

Win A Free Gruise!

Visit Future Cruise Gonsultant Debra today!

Explorations Gaf6, Upper Promenade, 5

As the others have said, it is rare to get a price adjustment after final payment and as to getting it adjusted while on board........ I've never heard of that happening. I think your TA was 'confused'.

What about if the price goes up? Should HAL expect us to pay more? :D

I found an OBC deal after final payment. I took a screen shot and sent it to my PCC along with a phone message. She was unable to get a dime for us. Her supervisor referred us to the terms of the offer which say it can be removed at any time. Although it was still on the website. We are more than a bit annoyed.

Jascom - you are right about the promo piece you posted and what it says about price drops, but I think the problem is that it was not detailed enough to point out that this price protection only applies BEFORE final payment. Poorly worded and definitely wrong IMO.

I guess that what happens when an unqualified person puts the piece together.

I am not a big fan of the onboard future cruise consultants that HAL employs. While some are very good, others are really bad and need more training.

DaveOKC

thats exactly what i am saying.future cruise dept on ship are employed by Hal.

Now they are not respecting their own words.I didnot make up brochure.I have it here in my hand.I am not even after price adjustment.I just want some extra perks for what i was told and given in writing.

Now they are passing the buck between Hal and T/A

someone has to take resposibility.customer should not be a fall guy.

We love cruising with Hal.I think they should be clear in their dealing with customers

IMO, HAL should be taking the responsibility as they allowed the FCC to circulate this. It definitely leads to the idea that a price drop is honoured at any time and does not say up until final payment date or anything else that indicates a restriction.

thats exactly what i am saying.future cruise dept on ship are employed by Hal.

Now they are not respecting their own words.I didnot make up brochure.I have it here in my hand.I am not even after price adjustment.I just want some extra perks for what i was told and given in writing.

Now they are passing the buck between Hal and T/A

someone has to take resposibility.customer should not be a fall guy.

We love cruising with Hal.I think they should be clear in their dealing with customers

Did you try sending HAL a copy of the brochure? That might get there attention. HAL is pretty good about working with you on most things.

DaveOKC

Edited by DaveOKC

Thank you DaveOkc.

What do you think if i send the promo brochure to Stein Kruse CEO of Hal?

we are not looking for money just consideration as price has dropped.

I would start with guest relations. If no help, then go up the food chain.

DaveOKC