? For Those Using E-Cig in Cabin- Smoke Detector

qsuzi

The kind I use puts out so little vapor I can't believe anyone could smell it standing a foot away from me, but some of the e-cigs put out so much I believe you might be able to smell them. And I believe they might set off a smoke detector in the right conditions.

I agree that e-cigs do have an odor. They can any number of odors. Many of them are flavored (which can cause an odor).

I know that may e-cig users feel "it's just water vapor, there's no smell", but I have son who uses e-cigs. I can tell when he's using them. I may be super sensitive, but I can smell "just water vapor" also. I can smell when the humidifier is running in our house.

Yes, it may or may not be as offensive as "real" cigarette smoke, but it can be an issue.

Many do have a strong odor. The other thing is some are using them for weed and the smell is very strong. I think it is best for them to be controlled the same as cigarettes.

Oddly, I do not like regular tobacco/cigarette ecigs. I use Watermelon, Coffee, Cappuccino, and Vanilla flavoring most often. I also use a small ecig which puts off very little vapor or odor. I rode with my dad and his wife on a 12 hour road trip and used it in the car. They are both very sensitive to cigarette smoke and could not smell the "odor" or notice the vapor at all from me in the back seat.

I agree that some of the larger ecigs that produce quite a bit of vapor could potentially set off an alarm and more odor to neighboring balconies, although it is a bit surprising as quick as it can dissipate. I guess those that would have a problem leave the theatre or disco when a fog machine is used? I'm not a huge fan of the fog machines as they produce a ton of vapor and it can get quite obnoxious at times.

Oddly, I do not like regular tobacco/cigarette ecigs. I use Watermelon, Coffee, Cappuccino, and Vanilla flavoring most often. I also use a small ecig which puts off very little vapor or odor. I rode with my dad and his wife on a 12 hour road trip and used it in the car. They are both very sensitive to cigarette smoke and could not smell the "odor" or notice the vapor at all from me in the back seat.

I agree that some of the larger ecigs that produce quite a bit of vapor could potentially set off an alarm and more odor to neighboring balconies, although it is a bit surprising as quick as it can dissipate. I guess those that would have a problem leave the theatre or disco when a fog machine is used? I'm not a huge fan of the fog machines as they produce a ton of vapor and it can get quite obnoxious at times.

Yes, actually, when they use those fog machines in shows, I do find it difficult to breathe. That's why, if I'm aware that there are going to be fog machines in use during a show, I try to sit toward the rear of the theatre, that way I don't get quite as much "ambiance" in my face. ;)