VIP treatment with NCL

snorkelinggirl

I hosted the M&G on my last cruise,

I did it because I like to organize things, I did it because I wanted to try a new thing and get out of my comfort zone ( normally I assist and stay quiet and take in lots of info ).

I was very active on my roll call and I really enjoyed seeing so many "callers" actually show-up ( near 100 :eek::D )

I collected the cabin numbers of our "callers" and I had prepared personal invitations and name tags, put the letter and the tags in an envelope and delivered all of them the night before the meeting. Every one seemed to enjoy the little attention and it made for a great M&G.

Yes we hit the "jackpot" and got VIP status. Did we appreciate it? YES :D would I host an other M&G? YES ! but not for the VIP status...just for the fun of it ! ... but I won't be an hypocrite, if we did get VIP status again I would really enjoy it again !

Be interesting to see what happens, sailing NCL for the first time.

Sailing in the Haven Aft Penthouse Suite, I have sent all my Presidents ahead of me and I the rest of the team ready to board in January.

Hopefully mission accomplished! :D

Feel sure you will not be disappointed!

We have sailed in the Haven twice (Epic - Courtyard 2 BR and Breakaway - Aft Penthouse) and have it booked two more times (Getaway and Escape - both Aft Penthouse). The level of service and attention to detail by the Haven staff is over the top and is what keeps us booking the Haven.

Will look forward to seeing your thoughts once you return! ;) :D

Last six cruises every host has been given VIP but one. On that one three people got together and told the HD they should all be given VIP for hosting, he replied that none would get it and they didn't. Many don't even know its a possibility. It seems to happen routinely though.

Its all about the numbers .. If your sailing has mostly 2 people booked in a suite as opposed to 4 or more (families) per . The HD has latitude to dole out a few freebies to those deserving (or not ) few.. Theres only one way to guarantee it..... ;)

each sailing is different..

We were on a two week Canada/New England cruise in Septmeber..in an outside, not even a balcony. We had just made gold so thought maybe that was why all these invitations were in our cabin. I still don't know how it happened but we had breakfast/lunch in Cagneys and it was great and probably our only time to enjoy it. Concierge service which we did not use except for the priority tender down the back elevator, again great. Also the Captain's Cocktail Party. Since it was considered "back to back" we got to do it all twice. We didn't know that all this was some kind of special "spin the wheel, you won" situation until well into the cruise.

Can't tell you why but it just happens.

Wow, that's great. I've never heard of that before.

We are platinum and feel like we are treated really well. At 75 days it's fairly quick to get the highest level of rewards compared to other lines. I had 75 on another line at the same time we got it on NCL and received (and still receive) nothing but an invitation to a gathering not as nice as NCLs lowest level reception. On a back to back we had double specialty meals, wine, and strawberries/candy. Felt like royalty in an inside cabin. For those of us who don't have vacation day restrictions (i.e. old, lol), you can accumulate days pretty quickly on back to backs. We took two TAs followed by the European itinerary and got most of those days.

Edited by HokiePoq

Last six cruises every host has been given VIP but one. On that one three people got together and told the HD they should all be given VIP for hosting, he replied that none would get it and they didn't. Many don't even know its a possibility. It seems to happen routinely though.

Does anyone see a pattern here ??

The people (crew) extend a courtesy to a few people and they in turn get on the computer and talk about it. Others read about it and begin demanding the same things, so the courtesy is discontinued.

NCL people read these threads and tend to take appropriate action to eliminate problems before they get out of hand.

As I stated on another thread ---- Loose lips sink ships !!!

Does anyone see a pattern here ??

The people (crew) extend a courtesy to a few people and they in turn get on the computer and talk about it. Others read about it and begin demanding the same things, so the courtesy is discontinued.

NCL people read these threads and tend to take appropriate action to eliminate problems before they get out of hand.

As I stated on another thread ---- Loose lips sink ships !!!

So true!:eek: Shhhhh...;) Edited by *Luv2Cruz*