VIP treatment with NCL

snorkelinggirl

Spend a lot of money lol

U have to be golden or maybe it's platinum meaning u have to have sailed many many nights on ncl. What is it your looking to get from VIP

And even that only gets you so far. On the Sun last year we met a lady with lots and lots of NCL cruises. Maybe 60 or 70. She was cruising solo, so she did not get a suite, as to the cost with the solo supplement. Whereas she did get invited to some parties and dinner with the hotel director, with us and some other gents who had cruised over 150 times with NCL, (those 2 were in a suite like us). She did not receive the breakfast and lunch perk though.

We were on a two week Canada/New England cruise in Septmeber..in an outside, not even a balcony. We had just made gold so thought maybe that was why all these invitations were in our cabin. I still don't know how it happened but we had breakfast/lunch in Cagneys and it was great and probably our only time to enjoy it. Concierge service which we did not use except for the priority tender down the back elevator, again great. Also the Captain's Cocktail Party. Since it was considered "back to back" we got to do it all twice. We didn't know that all this was some kind of special "spin the wheel, you won" situation until well into the cruise.

Can't tell you why but it just happens.

1st timer. So...if you are a Haven suite person are you automatically a "VIP"?

Be interesting to see what happens, sailing NCL for the first time.

Sailing in the Haven Aft Penthouse Suite, I have sent all my Presidents ahead of me and I the rest of the team ready to board in January.

Hopefully mission accomplished! :D

I get upset when people say they became V.I.P. guests because they coordinated the Meet & Greet.

I have coordinated several large Meet & Greets without getting any V.I.P. status.

I do it because I enjoy doing it. I like getting to know the people on the Roll Call. It's fun for me.

We really don't know if, or how, passengers achieve V.I.P. status.

I guess the Hotel Director can make decisions of this kind.

I never expect any perks or calls from the upgrade or upsell fairy, so when I don't get them, I'm totally content.

I get upset when people say they became V.I.P. guests because they coordinated the Meet & Greet.

I have coordinated several large Meet & Greets without getting any V.I.P. status.

I do it because I enjoy doing it. I like getting to know the people on the Roll Call. It's fun for me.

I never expect any perks or calls from the upgrade or upsell fairy, so when I don't get them, I'm totally content.

Me too. I have gotten a canape tray but that was it. I do it because it helps me get to know people....otherwise I would be that shy wallflower you hear about but no one ever sees...

Ditto; and being active on the roll call has always been part of cruising for me!:D Also; before I retired, I setup several corporate functions and getting people together and having a good time is in my dna!;):eek::D With or without perks its all good for me!:cool: Edited by *Luv2Cruz*

...and some other gents who had cruised over 150 times with NCL, (those 2 were in a suite like us).

I think I know who you are talking about as I met a duo, fully suited-up, in the Sun in January this eyar, very cool guys with lots and lots of good stories about the many many trips they have been on.

If you see two elderly gentlemen with a bunch of ship pins, then definitely go shake their hand and share a drink with them, you won't regret!

I would not be surprised they are on CC, they should be; I don't think you'll find them on the larger ships though.

I think I know who you are talking about as I met a duo, fully suited-up, in the Sun in January this eyar, very cool guys with lots and lots of good stories about the many many trips they have been on.

If you see two elderly gentlemen with a bunch of ship pins, then definitely go shake their hand and share a drink with them, you won't regret!

I would not be surprised they are on CC, they should be; I don't think you'll find them on the larger ships though.

Was there a fair amount of jewellery? I think I may know who they are too...

Was there a fair amount of jewellery? I think I may know who they are too...

Stating 'exquisitely dressed' would be appropriate and thus might include a 'fair amount' indeed.

They show up at Latitudes meetings with a box of ship pins that nobody can get anymore as those ships don't run anymore or the pins have been updated.

I think there might be some misunderstanding of posts by those of us who posted we hosted a M&G and got VIP status.

It was simply an explanation of why we might have gotten it. Definitely not the reason for hosting. In fact, when I offered to host, I had no idea there could be any benefit in doing it other than I'm retired and had time to coordinate it and enjoy getting to know other cruisers. I'm trying to get one going for our next cruise and no, I don't expect to get VIP status. I do expect to get to know some of our fellow cruisers though. :)

Yes! Me Too! Hosted and never given VIP and hosted and got VIP. Hosting really has nothing to do with it. Host the Meet and Greet because you enjoy doing it....not for VIP which you may never get. HD designates who gets it for whatever reason they want.

Harriet

I don't understand why you are upset--please explain. Many of us coordinate M&Gs, expect nothing and get nothing. But sometimes we hit the jackpot.

You are correct. They bring their collection of ship pins and NCL keepsakes. They are very gracious and love to discuss cruising. They live in Miami and do prefer the smaller ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk