Not Quite Live from the Emerald Princess with lots of pictures, menus, etc....

andy.capitan

Thank you for sharing your photos and interesting observations about your cruise! Wonderful trip down memory lane for me...we were on the Nov. 30, 2014 sailing!

Ann

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by StressFree

Thanks for your pictures.

Can you please tell me what nights were the formal nights on the cruise.

Formal Nights were Monday Night Day 2, and Friday Night Day 6 Cozumel.

This is the link to my playlist of videos on You Tube I will finishes the last two day today and all seven days of the Dec 7, 2014 Western Caribbean cruise on the Emerald Princess will be up.

I do not cover Spa, all of the lounges, there are a ton on this ship, and all of the restaurants and special dinning. If you search You Tube there are tons of videos on these areas already.

I saw the first formal night does not have lobster or escargot on the menu, will they second formal night have it?

They had those item on second formal night. Not something we did but many really liked crab shack, done at least twice in café Caribe. Lots of good seafood. Watch the pattern. Do not miss the Crown Grill. Was outstanding.

Have a magical cruise.

And since this is Dec 25, Merry Christmas to all and to all a great New Year cruising everywhere.

Art.

You're welcome. Enjoy!

Thank you. Think the snorkel pictures are done for this cruise, but not the getting wet ones.

Thank you for all the info. We are taking this cruise in a few weeks, so we find this very informative and interesting. I am a cat lover, and would love to experience the big cat in your pictures. Was that on a ships tour, or something that you arranged yourselves? Was that at the French beach area?

Will it be necessary to exchange US dollars, or is it accepted in all of the countries visited?

Edited by chloe kitty

What deck was your cabin on, overlooking the balconies below? We have a 14th (Riviera) deck balcony reserved and I was wondering if it will have the overhang or if others will be able to look down on us. (We are on the Crown though.)

I posted a link to my videos on Emerald Princess a sister ship of the Crown above. My mini suite was on Emerald Deck 9. Staterooms are futerest out, 10 is next then 11 up are all the same. Our stateroom and baloncy was great really no problem with people looking down.

Many for some reason think other people are watching them. Sorry to tell you they are not and 99 pecent of the time do not know you are there. Go have a great cruise and do not worry about the other person they are not worried about you.

What deck was your cabin on, overlooking the balconies below? We have a 14th (Riviera) deck balcony reserved and I was wondering if it will have the overhang or if others will be able to look down on us. (We are on the Crown though.)

I just came off the Emerald, aft balcony on Riviera deck and, on that ship, no one overlooks 14. Deck 15 is the Lido deck. Also decks 14, 12 & 11 at least, have balconies that are flush with the exterior edge of the ship - completely covered. From 14 you are overlooking balconies down on 9 or 10. If you find a photo of your ship looking along the side of the vessel, you should be able to tell if anyone overlooks you!

Edited by MarElz

Good to hear! Thanks! I was actually more interested in possible shade/rain cover but really not that big of deal. We were offered an upgrade to the Aloha deck but as far as I could tell it wasn't an "upgrade". I picked the cabin on 14 for convenience of what we would like to do, hoping to be away from some of the noise of the common areas.

I have always enjoyed your reviews of Carnival and this was equally entertaining.

I have a question about the tour you took to the French Bay island. Did you get this through the ship or did you book independently? Looked like fun!

We are doing this cruise January 25th. Our second on Princess.

Thanks again and Happy New Year!

Joy

Thanks for the wonderful review, andy.capitan. We will be on this cruise next week. Looking forward to it now!

Side note, I poked around your website and looked at your pictures from Hurricane Katrina. They look very similar to the pictures I have from my grandma's and my aunt's homes. They lived in St. Bernard, and pretty much lost everything. Now I understand why you are a Saints fan! Shame they didn't make the playoffs. I would have liked to have seen them on the MUTS screen!

Have the beds been updated on the Emerald (new mattress, duvets, etc). Looks like the same old bed spreads? Thanks for the menus and patters! Love your review!

Bed in the videos a couple of times. Know on Arrival and Sailaway for sure.

Excellent pictures!

May I ask what camera you use?

Videos shot with a Sony CDR HD 210. Very small fits in palm of your hand. The models sold today are the same size do every thing this one does. But different model numbers buy one that has steady shot and buy 32meg SD cards for it. There some tricks to making movies. Contact me you want though You Tube channel.

• 4 weeks later...