Not Quite Live from the Emerald Princess with lots of pictures, menus, etc....

andy.capitan

Those panther photos were all wonderful. This one I just love -- the way they're looking at one another, like they're having an intense conversation (if she's like me, she's mostly saying, "Don't eat me. Please don't eat me."). Just a really, really captivating photo.

DSC_3446_Zyde10.jpg

Those panther photos were all wonderful. This one I just love -- the way they're looking at one another, like they're having an intense conversation (if she's like me, she's mostly saying, "Don't eat me. Please don't eat me."). Just a really, really captivating photo.

DSC_3446_Zyde10.jpg

If you see what is on her shirt, you can tell she is a cat person and would not have missed the opportunity for anything.

In Belize we did the Lamanai Mayan Ruins, Mangrove River Cruise & Lunch. I thought the tour name was a little odd because there are no Mangroves on the river. Oh well.

Before the end of the day we were drenched. Completely saturated. Even with the $1 ponchos they were selling. But we still want to try the tour again when the weather is better.

DSC_3569_Zyde10.jpg

The obligatory bathroom break before the boat ride to the ruins.

DSC_3574_Zyde10.jpg

and the on and off rain started

IMG_2686_Zyde10.jpg

IMG_2687_Zyde10.jpg

IMG_2688_Zyde10.jpg

IMG_2689_Zyde10.jpg

DSC_3426_Zyde10.jpg

Love your photos and am enjoying following your adventures.

Your jaguar pictures remind me of Pepe's in Cancun. He closed years ago because he was having problem keeping help because the hotels were paying more than he could. He had a restaurant/hotel (kind of) and rescued cats. He had bengal tigers and a large number of jaguars. We visited him every spring for years. The first time, we took two six month old jaguars and a two year old out in a boat and went swimming with him on the reefs in front of the hotels. Then we went back in the jungle with them. You should have seen the people look at us when we drove down the road with a small jaguar sticking her head out the window. He had a preserve near the lagoon and more jaguars were out there. He built concrete cages with a unit above for workers. One day we took one of the little guys out to see it's momma. Most native shot them but the police would call Pepe if they found any. He wanted to start a zoo but there was so much red tape that it never worked out. Feeding them (chickens) was costing him a fortune.

That was the neatest experience I have ever done. I also went into some of the cages to help feed them - my dh and son didn't. We went back to see him about six years ago and now he has a black jaguar - wow - beautiful animal but even Pepe kept his distance. BUt he never completed his apartments and the restaurant has never opened back up. He just trying to get enough money to keep them fed.

Thanks for stirring up such neat memories for me.

Love your photos and am enjoying following your adventures.

Your jaguar pictures remind me of Pepe's in Cancun. He closed years ago because he was having problem keeping help because the hotels were paying more than he could. He had a restaurant/hotel (kind of) and rescued cats. He had bengal tigers and a large number of jaguars. We visited him every spring for years. The first time, we took two six month old jaguars and a two year old out in a boat and went swimming with him on the reefs in front of the hotels. Then we went back in the jungle with them. You should have seen the people look at us when we drove down the road with a small jaguar sticking her head out the window. He had a preserve near the lagoon and more jaguars were out there. He built concrete cages with a unit above for workers. One day we took one of the little guys out to see it's momma. Most native shot them but the police would call Pepe if they found any. He wanted to start a zoo but there was so much red tape that it never worked out. Feeding them (chickens) was costing him a fortune.

That was the neatest experience I have ever done. I also went into some of the cages to help feed them - my dh and son didn't. We went back to see him about six years ago and now he has a black jaguar - wow - beautiful animal but even Pepe kept his distance. BUt he never completed his apartments and the restaurant has never opened back up. He just trying to get enough money to keep them fed.

Thanks for stirring up such neat memories for me.

You're welcome and thank you. and thanks for sharing the story. They said the cats were rescued from a circus and had been in bad shape. It does cost a fortune to feed them and even more in vet bills.

This jaguar was quite tame and used to people but they said they were trying to get him a girlfriend jaguar that was still quite wild. Could be interesting.