Places to walk around in port Canaveral? Travel with a 10 month old

sternwhale

Hi,

We will have a day at Port Canaveral on our cruise from NY to Bahamas. Since we will travel with our 10 month old, we are looking for places with easy stroll, either for wildlife, plants, or beaches. Is there any interesting place within walking distance from Port Canaveral? I see most people tend to rent a car but we don't want to run the extra hassle to do that when we have a baby around.

Thank you

Hi,

We will have a day at Port Canaveral on our cruise from NY to Bahamas. Since we will travel with our 10 month old, we are looking for places with easy stroll, either for wildlife, plants, or beaches. Is there any interesting place within walking distance from Port Canaveral? I see most people tend to rent a car but we don't want to run the extra hassle to do that when we have a baby around.

Thank you

Port Canaveral is a working port . If you take a short taxi ride there are a number beaches close by.

Edited by Kamloops50

GRANDURE?

If so, it appears they have added an excursion to Brevard Zoo .... first run is tomorrow . . .

Or a taxi to Cocoa Village is a good idea

but concur that the immediate port area is usually a bust UNLESS once again, if you are on GRANDUER which usually uses the old south terminals which are right next to Jetty Park . . .

Thank you.

We will be taking NCL breakaway.

So I guess there is no way to walk around but to take taxi or grab a rental car. Anyone know if it is ok in FL to take a taxi with a baby without a carseat?

If we decide to grab a rental car (we can rent a carseat in this case), any suggestions on where to go? Cocoa beach, Canaveral national seashore?

Edited by sternwhale

Thank you.

We will be taking NCL breakaway.

So I guess there is no way to walk around but to take taxi or grab a rental car. Anyone know if it is ok in FL to take a taxi with a baby without a carseat? NO! Car seats required in any vehicle equipped with seat belts.

If we decide to grab a rental car (we can rent a carseat in this case), any suggestions on where to go? Cocoa beach, Canaveral national seashore?

Even if the law allowed it, the laws of physics apply all over the world - you'll need a car seat or take an excursion with bus transportation.

NCL is usually at one of the north terminals and you don't want to try and walk from those ..

rent a car and go to Brevard Zoo

with your 10 month it is my best and unbiased recommendation

you don't want to push a stroller thru sand do you?

or as I said, Cocoa Village is nice (but small)

You COULD go to Canaveral National Sea Shore but there is nothing there but beach .... lot's of 'nature' along the way but NO PLACE to stop and eat or ... (you know) ... you can stop at Haulover Canal and maybe see manatee

you COULD go out to Lone Cabbage fish camp and take an airboat ride and see gators ... the critters not the fans . . . (but you could see those at the zoo too) ... not cool with a 10 mo old tho ...

there are some 'eco' boat rides from the port to see manatee and dolphin

unfortunately the beaches around here do not have a long 'board walk' area ....

what day are you visiting ... maybe I can offer a free train ride at the zoo ... if I'm working and you DON'T TELL!

Train.jpg

Edited by Capt_BJ