Anyone else feel this way?

Hflors

As to planning ... :) ... Our evenings aboard normally include dinner, a show if there is one or BB King, then a nightcap (or 2) in one of our 2 favorite bars.

When we return to the cabin we totally enjoy ordering our morning room service coffee (sea days before breakfast in the MDR) or breakfast (for port days). Then we love browsing the activities being offered the next day and deciding if there are any calling our name. We highlight those and discuss a loose plan for the next day - always open to change if drawn to something else (or maybe even doing nothing else but being totally lazy with our feet up at the pool or on our balcony):D:D

It works for us giving a comfortable mix of activities and relaxation.

I 'somewhat' agree, Hflors.

We usually pre-book Pinnacle and/or Tamarind but only very occasionally excursions. If one is sold out when we arrive at the ship and we can't go,,,,,,,, no big deal. The few times my DH really wanted specific excursions such as to D-day beaches and a few in Alaska, I pre-booked those so he wouldn't be disappointed.

I don't like to schedule myself on vacation either. I hardly want to plan what we'd do next day until it is next day. :)

>SNIP< And here is what I can't wrap my head around. HAL is trying to sell me excursions, spa treatments, and dining at speciality resturaunts. Honestly unless its a very special occasion why would I want to buy one of these? Why would I want to set a schedule while I am on vacation? How do I know today what I will feel like doing a month from now?

>SNIP<

In lots of ways I am like this :) I refuse to get roped into "let's meet on Tuesday at 10 am in the Crows Nest" kinds of things, and "let's walk 8 laps every morning at 6 am" and "yes I am having fun doing this but my mani/pedi appointment is in 5 minutes". Uh, no thanks :)

But we do usually make our shore plans in advance of the cruise.

<snip>

As for spa stuff - if getting hair and nails done is important to someone on formal night, best to book ahead. And a specific time at PG for an anniversary dinner etc. should be done in advance. We have never had problem getting PG at last minute on board, but not always available at preferred time - we have sometimes had to settle for a time earlier or later.

It hasn't happened often but there were times when we could not get a Pinnacle reservation same day or even day before.

Like someone else said earlier in this thread, "we didn't starve". :)

DH and I are cruising the Med next year, celebrating our 60th birthdays. DH has his birthday during the cruise so I have already booked the PG for that night. I would hate to get on board and find there are no vacancies. This is our first time HAL so I have also booked Le Cirque for the first segment of the cruise as I don't know whether or not it fills up quickly. We are also planning DIY excursions so am already in the research mode. I love the planning as for me it is part of the whole cruise experience. Some things like the Spa I will leave until on board and "wing it". Like others have said, "different strokes for different folks" that is what makes us all so interesting and unique.