Carnival Paradise Questions

newlife_2010

Its 3am and I want to go on a cruise lol. I checked rates and they are pretty good for January. How is the Paradise? I have been on Sensation and freedom previously and loved those sships. Also, can anyone confirm that there is a grill on board and if the grill still serves chicken tenders and hot cheese sauce? Also, is there a Mongolia grill as well? Thanks

I will be on the Paradise in February. I looked at the deck plans on vacations to go and it does show that they have the grill outside, and other fantasy class boats that I have been on have the grill and Mongolian grill out in this area. They usually have the chicken strips available in this area. Not sure about the hot cheese sauce though. We just moved to Tampa, so I hope to become more familiar with the Paradise. I know the prices are very good this time of the year.

Edited by grima625

Went on the Paradise in June of this year- Wonderful ship, nicely kept for a 16 year old ship, loved the MDR food, great Cruise Director, the kids program was absolutely wonderful, tons of activities (personally enjoyed the Hide and Seek in the Normandie Lounge), old Twister water slide was actually better than the ones on the Spirit and Conquest class, and I thought the comedy show was hilarious. It was my favorite ship out of all the ones I've sailed on. Anymore questions, go ahead and ask! :) I would recommend this ship, but not the shows after 2.0. I've heard nothing good about Playlist production shows!!

Edited by FuturzMinion

Those chicken tenders and the Mongolian wok are the best things on the lido deck!!!!' Yum

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Honestly, that is why I want the cruise lol. I love stir fry and chicken tenders but I am reading conflicting reports that the tenders are on paradise? Every post I read or photo of the grill menu shows burgers and dogs but no tenders?? help :(

LOL, sorry, I haven't been on the Paradise in years. It was my first cruise four years ago...The Imagination had them this year in April...yumm...I will be on the Paradise again in April 2015 and hopefully they will be too! 😛

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Margaritavillager

We sailed on Paradise in February of 2013 and are going back in January of 2015. A couple of questions about the entertainment onboard:

Do they still have the steel drum band that played on the Lido deck?

How were the shows?

Any good bands playing in the atrium, etc at night?

Thanks in advance!

Paul

• 3 weeks later...

Glad to hear good things about the Paradise! We took the kids on the Sensation for our first family cruise back in September! They had an absolute blast so I am glad to hear that the kids program is great as well. We are going with other family members-including my parents who have not been on a cruise since 1970-something, so I am hoping that they will not be disappointed :D

I'll be sailing "Paradise" again Jan 19th! GREAT ship with truly outstanding shows. I certainly hope they "upgrade" Paradise like they did "Liberty", and add the food upgrades, but leave the shows alone. Steve Cassel, and the entire entertainment staff really do a fantastic job with the shows, and especially "8 More Seconds". I've seen it over and over again, and still enjoy that show.

Can't answer the questions about the chicken tenders. I know there is a grill outside on Lido, Aft, but other than late at night, I rarely eat there. I'll make it a point to check it out.

In any case, you won't go wrong with a cruise aboard "Paradise". Especially at the prices offered for January sailings! :cool:

"SKY"

Just did a Christmas cruise on her.

Yes they have the chicken tenders, cheese & FF. I will have wet FF ( cheese & chili ) with the tenders a couple time while on ship.

The shows are not to be missed, like Ken we have seen them many times in fact I have been known to sit through both early & late. Love them. ;)

Char

My family and I were on her in April and we loved it. Nice size ship, and very clean. Our only complaint was that the elevators always seemed broken. One would be fixed then the other would break. It was ok for me, it made me take the stairs and work off all that great food!

My family and I were on her in April and we loved it. Nice size ship, and very clean. Our only complaint was that the elevators always seemed broken. One would be fixed then the other would break. It was ok for me, it made me take the stairs and work off all that great food!

Throughout the whole duration of my cruise, the right-side Atrium elevator was shut down too.

Honestly, that is why I want the cruise lol. I love stir fry and chicken tenders but I am reading conflicting reports that the tenders are on paradise? Every post I read or photo of the grill menu shows burgers and dogs but no tenders?? help :(

chicken tenders the first night in the MDR.

And you will need to cruise before February before the upgrades in the dry dock

Paradise is a great ship and it is enjoyable to cruise with less passengers on board. For a smaller ship, it has most of the ammenities you would expect from a larger ship. I was on Paradise in May and I would sail on her again. Go for it and happy sailing.:cool: