Redeeming visa points - before or after?

Sorry if this is a stupid question but can't seem to find the answer anywhere...I have points I want to redeem because they are about to expire but don't have a cruise booked yet. Can I go ahead and redeem them and then apply once I book or do I have to have a cruise booked first? Thanks!

Sorry if this is a stupid question but can't seem to find the answer anywhere...I have points I want to redeem because they are about to expire but don't have a cruise booked yet. Can I go ahead and redeem them and then apply once I book or do I have to have a cruise booked first? Thanks!

I would give them a call at 888-305-4626. You can do it but I don't know the procedure. There is a time limit also to when you would need to apply them

If you "DO" end up having to book before you can redeem your points, you can always do a temporary booking, apply your points & then when you decide on the actual cruise you want to take...TRANSFER the temp booking to the new sailing...your points will follow your booking # as long as you transfer & NOT cancel & rebook...

I see it's been three years since your last cruise and points only last for about 3 years I think.

As other's have mentioned, you probably need to call someone at Visa or Crown & Anchor who might know.

That RC Visa is my only CCard. Use it for everything, pay off monthly. Get a lot of OBCs. It's about 1% for normal purchases and 2% for purchased through any of the Royal Family.

You might want to look at one of the current cards that give you a flat 1.5% cash back on every purchase.

Dennis