Chef's Table on NCL?

SuiteTraveler

If you are sailing in a suite the concierge can book it for you but be sure to do that as soon as you meet them.

As another poster indicated, they restrict it to 12 participants, but on our recent Getaway cruise they upped it to 14.

It was a wonderful experience and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Yep, we are in a suite. How do I let the pre-cruise concierge know? Is there an email address?

Also, is Chef's table every night or only once per cruise?

Only offered once per cruise...limited to the 1st 12 people that sign up...It has been reported that if demand is high, they will have another Chef's Table on the same sailing, but don't expect it.

Cost is $99 per person...Expect this dinner to take 3.5 hours from start to finish.

That said, we loved it on our Gem sailing and plan to do it again in February on the Sun!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

• Thanks 1

Yep, we are in a suite. How do I let the pre-cruise concierge know? Is there an email address?

Also, is Chef's table every night or only once per cruise?

No need to e-mail. You can call them directly at 855-625.4283.

Once per cruise unless demand is very high. If so, they will add another night.

Conversely if demand isn't high enough, it will be canceled.

Edited by Cruisin&Relaxin

Can anyone who has done the Chef's Table on the Getaway recently, confirm that you need to get to Headliners to sign up?

Planning on surprising the GF with this. We sail on the 20th.

Thanks

CP Tech when I was on the Getaway in May I went right to Le Bistros hostess station and signed up. There are only 12 seats available so you do want to go and sign up as soon as you can.

For those who are talking about the pre-concierge I have to say they really dropped the ball on my September cruise. I had requested the Chef's table as well as certain things in my cabin and not one thing had been done. Fortunately Leah the concierge jumped in and saved the day on everything.

I was on the 11/1 sailing of the Getaway and tried Guest Services and hostess at LeBistro was told no I HAD to go to Headliners for reservation. There were only 12 of us at the dinner and of those 12'there were only 3 that were not Haven guests. I'd make sure I got to the pier as early as possible if I were you. We were in boarding group 1.

So what is included - This Chef's Table thing ? For $99 pp.

A 3 hour dining extravaganza certainly should encompass a menu from all

the Specialty Restaurants and include a bottle of wine or champagne and

then a desert to die for something on the order of flaming crepes suzettes.

I would expect nothing less !

Certainly not the Captain's Table !

NCL FreeStyle Dress Code not withstanding ?

But then reality sets in and the voyage of the damn could have wieners and beans !

And of course the mustard would have to be 'Grey Poupon' ! LOL !

So set the record straight - - - more data please !

So what is included - This Chef's Table thing ?

[…]

So set the record straight - - - more data please !

See the thread I linked to above in post #5 for details about the menu. It is not a combination of the specialty restaurant offerings. You won't find any of the dishes anywhere else on board. The wines are chosen from the regular NCL wine list, in the $40-$50 range, and they are served very generously, so pace yourself…

You also get one group photo and one individual photo with the executive chef, and he/she spends the entire evening attending to your your table, explaining the dishes, telling stories, and answering your questions.

You will have to share the table with strangers, and you never know what you're going to get. And Freestyle dress does apply, so you could see some polo shirts or jeans at the table. :eek: Do not book the Chef's Table (or NCL in general) if this is a problem.

If you search you should find the menu and photos of what they serve. Here is it in a gist:

Pre dinner Champagne toast at a bar

Private dining experience with several!!! courses not available elsewhere on the ship

Unlimited wine (and in some cases mixed drinks if you are not a wine drinker)

After dinner cordial at a quiet bar

A photo of you and spouse/significant other

A photo of you and spouse/significant other with the Executive Chef

A group photo of you with everyone else in the Chef's Table with the chef in center

A copy of the menu to keep with the chef's signature and date

(The next day) A gallery tour (30-45 minutes) of the kitchen and baking areas for the MDR

Personally, I think its well worth the price!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

I was on the 11/1 sailing of the Getaway and tried Guest Services and hostess at LeBistro was told no I HAD to go to Headliners for reservation. There were only 12 of us at the dinner and of those 12'there were only 3 that were not Haven guests. I'd make sure I got to the pier as early as possible if I were you. We were in boarding group 1.

Thank you much for the info, I know where I'm heading soon as we get on board on Saturday.

Thanks again.

Rob

See the thread I linked to above in post #5 for details about the menu. It is not a combination of the specialty restaurant offerings. You won't find any of the dishes anywhere else on board. The wines are chosen from the regular NCL wine list, in the $40-$50 range, and they are served very generously, so pace yourself…

You also get one group photo and one individual photo with the executive chef, and he/she spends the entire evening attending to your your table, explaining the dishes, telling stories, and answering your questions.

You will have to share the table with strangers, and you never know what you're going to get. And Freestyle dress does apply, so you could see some polo shirts or jeans at the table. :eek: Do not book the Chef's Table (or NCL in general) if this is a problem.

Went back and reviewed Post #5 - and the details were revealed when clicking on:

Jade Chef's Table Photos - June 2014

Photos and text commentary - Thank You !