Blue Lagoon Island Dolphin Encounter Question

sacko20

We are cruising on the NCL Breakaway in 2 weeks and I have a couple questions regarding the Blue Lagoon Island Dolphin Encounter I have booked for those who have experienced it:

1. Can anyone offer a brief description on what to expect getting off the boat and how to get to Blue Lagoon ... the logistics of actually getting to the Island from where the boat docks (I will be traveling with young children and an my mother and walking may be a bit problematic)

2. Once we are done with the dolphin encounter, can we just leave and head back so we can experience other parts of Nassau?? I assume there is a standard ferry schedule but cant find it anywhere online ???

Thanks

We are cruising on the NCL Breakaway in 2 weeks and I have a couple questions regarding the Blue Lagoon Island Dolphin Encounter I have booked for those who have experienced it:

1. Can anyone offer a brief description on what to expect getting off the boat and how to get to Blue Lagoon ... the logistics of actually getting to the Island from where the boat docks (I will be traveling with young children and an my mother and walking may be a bit problematic)

2. Once we are done with the dolphin encounter, can we just leave and head back so we can experience other parts of Nassau?? I assume there is a standard ferry schedule but cant find it anywhere online ???

Thanks

To get from port to the Paradise Island Ferry Terminal, you can take a cab for $5 pp. You need to go to the window to pick up your reserved tickets.

You will board the ferry and ride out to the island. Trip takes about 25 minutes and the views are spectacular.

Once you are done, you can use the beach at the lagoon.

Here's the ferry schedule from the website. ASK if one of the ferries will be returning to the port (downtown). If there is, this will save you the return cab trip.

"Our boats depart for Blue Lagoon Island at 8:30 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. Our boats depart from Blue Lagoon Island at: 1:00 p.m., 2:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m."

Edited by bubba74

• 2 weeks later...

Bubba74 did you go to the Blue Lagoon? If so, how did you like it? We've never done an "outside" excursion from the cruise line so are a bit apprehensive .... Your input would be appreciated. Anyone's input would be appreciated!

Bubba74 did you go to the Blue Lagoon? If so, how did you like it? We've never done an "outside" excursion from the cruise line so are a bit apprehensive .... Your input would be appreciated. Anyone's input would be appreciated!

Just my thoughts...we USUALLY do excursions NOT using the cruise line at most ports (and we cruise 2-3 times a year for the last 5 years).

This particular port and going to Blue Lagoon, we decided to book using the cruise line and here's why...these are just MY thoughts and observations.

After doing research...the hassel of getting off the ship, going outside the port, finding a cab (and cost of the cab) to take you over to Paradise...then catching the ferry and riding over to Blue Laggon just seemed to be too big of a hassel to us (and might have even been more money in the long run). We decided it would be much easier to just get off the ship and catch the boat right there at the port (not having to go outside of the port or take a taxi) and go straight to Blue Lagoon. It worked out great IMO. I felt like we got more time there and they offered several times to take the ferry back to the ship. We took the latest of course.

I have a complete review listed in my signature line with TONS of pictures from that day if you are interested.

We did not do the dolphin swim though, so I can not comment on that portion. :)

RCCL doesn't offer this excursion on the ship so we would have to go about it by taxi, their ferry etc. I look at your pictures and the place looks beautiful! It appears to be exactly what their website shows. Thanks for the heads up.

RCCL doesn't offer this excursion on the ship so we would have to go about it by taxi, their ferry etc. I look at your pictures and the place looks beautiful! It appears to be exactly what their website shows. Thanks for the heads up.

I too am sailing RCL, and was checking into excursion to Blue Lagoon. My research of RC excursions several months prior to sail date did not have Blue Lagoon as an option, which had me very bummed. Then....I checked after final payment at the excursions offered and To my delight Blue Lagoon Beach Day, Dolphin Encounter and SeaLion ecounters were all available to purchase through RCL. We are sailing 4day Enchantment in Feb. 2015.

I too am sailing RCL, and was checking into excursion to Blue Lagoon. My research of RC excursions several months prior to sail date did not have Blue Lagoon as an option, which had me very bummed. Then....I checked after final payment at the excursions offered and To my delight Blue Lagoon Beach Day, Dolphin Encounter and SeaLion ecounters were all available to purchase through RCL. We are sailing 4day Enchantment in Feb. 2015.

We are also sailing Feb 2015 but on Serenade and the Blue Lagoon is not offered on our sailing. It's all Atlantis beachy adventures.