Carnival Sunshine cabin #7240 dilemma

Halftocruz

Hi,

I am having a slight freak out and would love reassurance from someone. We are booked on the Carnival Sunshine on January 3rd and have a balcony cabin #7240. There are four in my family and both of my sons are 6'4 and 6'1. We have not cruised with them since they were younger and shorter :eek:

I'm afraid the pull down bed and the couch that will be made into a bed will not be long enough for them. Does anyone have any experience with the Sunshine and having basically 4 adults in a cabin?

Any thoughts or can someone make me feel better!! :)

If you can swing a second room, do it.

If not, tell them you're getting them prepared for dorm room life in college. Small rooms, small beds, get used to it.

If they already are in college let them know you're aware they've slept in a lot worse places than a ship cabin. They can handle it.

If you can swing a second room, do it.

If not, tell them you're getting them prepared for dorm room life in college. Small rooms, small beds, get used to it.

If they already are in college let them know you're aware they've slept in a lot worse places than a ship cabin. They can handle it.

Thanks for the good laugh!! Yes one is college. We will figure it out!! 7 days on a cruise ship is better than 1 day cramped in a small bed :eek:

Hey there! See you 1/3! My husband is not 6 foot, but he can get on the top bunk without any issues. If the seas are rough, I always put our heavier child up on the top bunk because the weight may reduce noise...make sure the ladder is secured well or it can slide and make repetitive sounds. I have slept up there when one of the kids didn't feel well, but I am only 5'4". It was not as comfortable as the bed, but I was able to sleep. If you don't change rooms, I would at least have the kids (or you two) use the spa showers and dressing area so you aren't cramped. My husband and I do this all the time anyway...we'll go up to the spa showers in our bathing suits and room robes after our Waterworks time and shower, then come to the room only to change clothes while the kids shower. If I plan well, I take my clothes etc and get ready in the spa dressing room. My boys are too old to see me getting ready anymore, LOL- used to be able to put them in front of the tv! GL

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hey there! See you 1/3! My husband is not 6 foot, but he can get on the top bunk without any issues. If the seas are rough, I always put our heavier child up on the top bunk because the weight may reduce noise...make sure the ladder is secured well or it can slide and make repetitive sounds. I have slept up there when one of the kids didn't feel well, but I am only 5'4". It was not as comfortable as the bed, but I was able to sleep. If you don't change rooms, I would at least have the kids (or you two) use the spa showers and dressing area so you aren't cramped. My husband and I do this all the time anyway...we'll go up to the spa showers in our bathing suits and room robes after our Waterworks time and shower, then come to the room only to change clothes while the kids shower. If I plan well, I take my clothes etc and get ready in the spa dressing room. My boys are too old to see me getting ready anymore, LOL- used to be able to put them in front of the tv! GL

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hey Christine!!

I think we will probably figure it out when we get there. I'm 5'10 and Jeff is also 5'10 so we may end up on the upper and couch and the boys can have twin beds..

Good idea about the spa shower!! Only 18 days until we leave!

We took our boys one time and only one of them is over 6 foot but still we had wall to wall beds with a pull down and like a rollaway. I would never do it again. They wanted to sleep in every morning and we had to climb over them to get out. But it is a cruise and for only seven days everyone could suck it up/