Majesty in Madeira

Ahhh.......but the sun is shining! Have you decided to jump yet Linda - blue skies, warm sea....... you know you want to!

Not yet Kruzseeka :rolleyes: We have had some extra expenses lately, dentist, cooker repair and I had to pay my friend back for the weekend away in Kent that we had planned as she was poorly (I still went, but took my DH instead :)) not to mention Christmas!

I had thought about going to the Canaries instead, until I noticed the temperature this week in La Palma is 3c :eek::eek:

I was just looking at the Azura again. Their pricing is so puzzling. They were asking £400 more for an inside cabin than an outside cabin, and a balcony cabin was only slightly more than an inside! What is that all about?

If (or when) I book, I will not hesitate to inform you all and put on my countdown clock :)

You know, been to madeira probably 15 times, both cruising and land based. Love the place, my daughter was a Thomson rep there for several years. The pictures brought back memories and we are planning New Year 2015 already! Merry Christmas everyone.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You know, been to madeira probably 15 times, both cruising and land based. Love the place, my daughter was a Thomson rep there for several years. The pictures brought back memories and we are planning New Year 2015 already! Merry Christmas everyone.

We have been a few times too. Went for the fireworks last NewYear :) Happy Christmas to you too shot2bits :) Edited by CRUISIN LINDA

Merry Christmas to you and Mrs Shot2bits. :) New Year in Madeira is on my Bucket List but unfortunately not on the Grumpy Old Man's. Have still not persuaded him to book another cruise, yet. :(

Blimmin heck that's cold!!! 18 degrees here today without a cloud in the sky! All the Brit new arrivals are going round in shorts and sleeveless T Shirts and even we coldies are not wearing jackets.

Thanks for that report Brenda.

Shorts and T shirts.... that will be us on Saturday in Beni :D:D

Would rather be in Funchal over New Year though, it's a magic place over Christmas and New Year.

Thanks for that report Brenda.

Shorts and T shirts.... that will be us on Saturday in Beni :D:D

Would rather be in Funchal over New Year though, it's a magic place over Christmas and New Year.

Have a wonderful time Joe - and a very Happy Christmas to you and your good Lady.

We also love Funchal (have been twice but for holidays not as a cruise stop). It sure can rain there though!

Have a wonderful time Joe - and a very Happy Christmas to you and your good Lady.

We also love Funchal (have been twice but for holidays not as a cruise stop). It sure can rain there though!

LAST TIME I WAS THERE WAS 1964 WORKED ON THE GOOD CRUISE SHIP ANDES ROYAL MAIL LINE, HAD TO ANCHORE OUT BECAUSE OF NO DOCK,S AS SUCH WENT IN BY OWN TENDER,OR LITTLE BOAT,S WOULD COME OUT TO THE SHIP AND SELL THERE GOOD,S I.E WICKER BASKET,S AND PORT, THE LITTLE SLEDGE,S WERE THERE THEN MAYBE THE OLD BOY,S ARE STILL PLYING THERE TRADE:eek: