Gibraltar excursions

Newcruiser1996

Gibraltar is quite small and the shopping area is easy to walk around (very cheap spirits £7.50 litre of gin). There are taxis to take you on a tour around the rock (will be cheaper than P&O). The views from the top are worth seeing. It's improved a lot since I first went 30 years ago.

Edited by jaceyar

Any recommendations of things to do in Gibraltar? Is it worth doing an excursion through P&O or out own thing? Thanks!

We were in Gib on Arcadia earlier this year, the Defensive War Tunnels from Trafalgar and WW2 are very interesting to visit, we did that as a ships tour, the day we were there was a Sunday and the Tunnels were not open to the general public/independent tourist, only shorex from the two ships in Port that day.

Also ye olde Cemetery at the far end of the shopping centre is interesting. They can keep the Barbary apes, pests they are.

If you are not into tours the Gib CBD is a flat 20-30 minute walk from the cruise terminal.

We only had about 5 hours in port at Gib, I think that is the norm for P&O UK ships, not nearly enough time for a good look around.

Above all enjoy !

Edited by NSWP

We did the St Michaels cave and then the war tunnels trip from P&O. I don't suppose it was necessarily cheap but as we were only in Gib for half a day we decided that it would be the safest bet so that we didn't miss the ship!

From a first timers view from a mini bus going to and from the port through the town, I don't feel that we missed anything of the town. Apologies to those offended, but we thought it looked a bit of a dump.