Scooter question

creative cricket

I am renting a scooter for my cruise this coming Sat. I want to be able to take it off the ship for our port adventures ONLY to the port entrance. Does anyone know if this is possible? Is it safe to leave it there at the entrance?

Are you saying you want to be able to use the scooter to actually exit the ship, but leave it somewhere in the port/terminal? How are you getting around while in port?

I've never seen any place to leave things while you are in port. Most ports are in fairly industrial areas. I suppose you could just leave it, but I doubt that there is any security to "guard" it.

Since you're renting the scooter, I'd suggest that just leaving it somewhere wouldn't be a good idea.

Edited by Shmoo here

No, that won't work. There is no safe place to leave what amounts to personal property at the port entrance or at the ship's gangway. Are you on DCL port adventures? If so, what will work is that you can get a manual wheelchair from the ship (it will say DCL on the back) and use that to get off the ship for your adventure. A CM will then take THEIR wheelchair back to the ship. If you are lucky, they will get you one to get back onto the ship.

Many of the ports have a shuttle bus from the ship to the terminal entrance if that helps.

Am I correct in thinking that you don't need a mobility devise on the excursion? Because again, if you do the ship's manual chair will fold up and can go along with you while many vehicles cannot handle the scooter.

If you don't have an HA cabin, you won't be able to get either a scooter or a chair into the room.