Melbourne Airport to Port Canaveral

Davey Wavey

I need info on transportation from Melbourne Airport to Port Canaveral. How much is a taxi? Is there a shuttle and what is the cost? Is there a private car service and what is the cost?

TIA

Never used this airport, but I have read many threads on this topic. It might be best to rent a vehicle and return it to one of the many rental agencies in Cocoa Beach/Canaveral.

The distance from the cruise terminal is about the same as from Orlando. The trip is a little more time consuming because of the lights/traffic on A1A.

If you are coming in early, it would be nice to have a vehicle to get to certain areas for eating, supplies, entertainment.

I would imagine a taxi is going to be very costly, I may be wrong. I remember that it is about 45 to 60 minutes travel depending on the time of day/year.

Never used this airport, but I have read many threads on this topic. It might be best to rent a vehicle and return it to one of the many rental agencies in Cocoa Beach/Canaveral.

The distance from the cruise terminal is about the same as from Orlando. The trip is a little more time consuming because of the lights/traffic on A1A.

If you are coming in early, it would be nice to have a vehicle to get to certain areas for eating, supplies, entertainment.

I would imagine a taxi is going to be very costly, I may be wrong. I remember that it is about 45 to 60 minutes travel depending on the time of day/year.

I usually rent a car, but the rates during March are crazy and the travel agent I usually use quit allowing dropoffs at any place except airports. So a 1-day one-way rental from MCO to MLB is $30 total from my travel agency, while directly through the rental agencies (Dollar/Thrifty/Hertz/Enterprise/ National/Payless/Alamo/Budget/Avis) to the Cape Canaveral locations is $143 cheapest. So I was hoping to do the $30 to MLB and then see how much to the port from there. I did find a few taxis that say $85 flat rate, and the Melbourne Airport Express said $30 per person. I asked if the shuttles run at certain times and she said, "When the flights arrive." At those prices, I guess I could just return the car to MCO and take a shuttle from there.