Dinner questions

Kierste

Going on the pearl in like 100 days, so starting to thinking about food. Current plan is specialty restaurants on our sea days, and mdr/buffet for dinner on port days. I am guessing the buffet on port days is a busy choice. If we decide mdr, can we just walk up when we want to eat... Which I know is the idea of freestyle... But I have a lion and a cougar in the family when it comes to food... And waiting may not be an option if it's likely to be more than 10 or 15 minutes.

Other question about the mdr and specialty restaurants... Do you get an appetizer/starter main course and dessert with your meal? I was looking at menus, and at especially the paid places I hope so.

Lastly, with dinner, and I guess all meals, soda is extra right? I know it is typically, but I was wondering if they still charge extra at a paid meal. We are planning on bringing our own, not big drinkers of anything but water. But wanted to check.

Thanks much!

On our last cruise, we never had to wait for a table at ANY restaurant. We ate at various times, sometimes with reservations, sometimes without. We mostly ate in the Specialty restaurants. We ate lunch in one of the MDR's on embarkation day and there was no wait. We each had a few appetizers and and entree. We were usually too full for dessert.

Thanks guys! Another question... Now that they are doing chocoholic night, it doesn't really matter where you eat that night? You'll get a selection of chocolate desserts? Any idea when it's being offered on the longer cruises (ours is a 11 day.)

Thanks guys! Another question... Now that they are doing chocoholic night, it doesn't really matter where you eat that night? You'll get a selection of chocolate desserts? Any idea when it's being offered on the longer cruises (ours is a 11 day.)

I was disappointed on our last cruise that on the chocoholic night we ate in Le Bistro and were just given the static dessert menu. I am not a big dessert person, but I was curious about the chocoholic menu.