Anyone know the tiers for rewards on the Carnival Mastercard?

crazyboutdisney

If you look at your account online, you can determine it by using the "manage rewards" and then use the "pay with funpoints" calculator. It's 100 points for every dollar, but 100,000 points gets $1,000 or $1,500. So, if you can wait until you have 100,000 points then you could use it for $1,500.

Edited by cbCRR

Redeem them against a Carnival transaction of at least $1,500. Then your points will be worth $300 instead of $200.

ETA - you can do partial redemptions, you don't have to wait until you can redeem for the entire $1,500. Just redeem them against a single transaction of at least $1,500.

Meredith

Sent from my iPad

Edited by aggieastrosfan

If you look at your account online, you can determine it by using the "manage rewards" and then use the "pay with funpoints" calculator. It's 100 points for every dollar, but 100,000 points gets $1,000 or $1,500. So, if you can wait until you have 100,000 points then you could use it for $1,500.

You get 100 points for every $1 spent? And at $100,000 points they give you $1500? Something doesn't sound correct. Please advise.

You get 100 points for every $1 spent? And at $100,000 points they give you $1500? Something doesn't sound correct. Please advise.

When you redeem your points towards a Carnival transaction of at least $1,500, your redemption rate is 1.5% - i.e., those 100,000 points are now worth $1,500. If you redeem those same points towards a transaction under $1,500, the redemption rate is only 1%.

The best rate of return on the Carnival card is to redeem points towards a transaction of at least $1,500. And you can do partial redemption - if your S&S bill was for $1,700, and you have 20,000 points, you can redeem those points towards a $300 statement credit against that $1,700 transaction. Those same points are only worth $200 against a $1,400 transaction.

Wait for the $1,500 transaction to redeem points! And don't cash in for OBC - redeem against the purchase after the fact instead, you have six months after the transaction date to redeem them.

Meredith

Sent from my iPad

When you redeem your points towards a Carnival transaction of at least $1,500, your redemption rate is 1.5% - i.e., those 100,000 points are now worth $1,500. If you redeem those same points towards a transaction under $1,500, the redemption rate is only 1%.

The best rate of return on the Carnival card is to redeem points towards a transaction of at least $1,500. And you can do partial redemption - if your S&S bill was for $1,700, and you have 20,000 points, you can redeem those points towards a $300 statement credit against that $1,700 transaction. Those same points are only worth $200 against a $1,400 transaction.

Wait for the $1,500 transaction to redeem points! And don't cash in for OBC - redeem against the purchase after the fact instead, you have six months after the transaction date to redeem them.

Meredith

Sent from my iPad

That's great... But still looking for answer to my original question. Not trying to be sassy but...

My apologies, didn't mean to try and save you any money by presenting a better alternative. Won't happen again.

Meredith

Sent from my iPad

Oh geez... I said that's great, thanks! Tried to let you know in a nice way I was still looking for answers to original question. Thanks! I don't even have the card but if someone can answer my original question I may get it as that's a good deal at 100 points for every $1 and $1500 for 100,000 points.

Ms. Aggies, I will have about $1600 due for final payment. I have at least 20,000 "points" on my Carnival card. As I understand it, if I pay the balance weigh my carnival card I get 2 for 1 points. So, do I pay using the card then when I get my card call them and ask for the 20,000 to be applied afterward or do I call Carnival and tell them I want to apply the 20,000 to the balance and pay for the rest with my card right when I make my final payment? Trying to figure out how to get the most bang for my buck.

Then there are the Verizon Carnival gift cards thrown into the mix...

Ms. Aggies, I will have about $1600 due for final payment. I have at least 20,000 "points" on my Carnival card. As I understand it, if I pay the balance weigh my carnival card I get 2 for 1 points. So, do I pay using the card then when I get my card call them and ask for the 20,000 to be applied afterward or do I call Carnival and tell them I want to apply the 20,000 to the balance and pay for the rest with my card right when I make my final payment? Trying to figure out how to get the most bang for my buck.

Then there are the Verizon Carnival gift cards thrown into the mix...

Make the final payment with your card and get the 3,200 points. That'll give you about 23,200 points. Then go online and apply the points as a partial redemption to that transaction. (You can use the 3,200 points you just earned on the transaction, and turn around and apply them to the same transaction as a reward.) That should give you a $348 statement credit. Best use of your points on this card!

Meredith

Sent from my iPad

Coopdog. To answer the question. You Earn 1 point for each dollar spent when you use the card. When you redeem is where the 100 points per dollar come in. So for each $100 you spend with the card you get 100 points. When you redeem 10,000 points (representing $10,000 charged on the card) you get the equivalent of $1000 in credit on Carnival.

Coopdog. To answer the question. You Earn 1 point for each dollar spent when you use the card. When you redeem is where the 100 points per dollar come in. So for each $100 you spend with the card you get 100 points. When you redeem 10,000 points (representing $10,000 charged on the card) you get the equivalent of $1000 in credit on Carnival.

Thanks!

Just to clarify a point........ You can only use the points for $ credit according to the amount of your Carnival purchase. I just used 13,333 rewards points for a $200 credit on a previous Carnival purchase of $1700. As another poster has stated, you get a higher credit on a Carnival purchase over $1500. Last year I used 10,000 reward points to get $100 credit on a Carnival purchase of $245. You have 180 days to apply any credit to each Carnival purchase amount. You will see what options are available under "Manage Rewards". Note that rewards can also be used anytime to get gift cards, such as 3700 points for a $25 Lowes card. Also can buy onboard gifts or onboard credit.