Holiday Cruise on the Statendam

hpf

Am thoroughly enjoying your postings and your blog is fantastic! We did this cruise last March/April so your reporting is bringing back some wonderful memories. :) Our first time in Hilo we also did the Botanical Gardens--so gorgeous.

Thank you for so generously giving us your time and effort for a lovely report.

LC

• 2 weeks later...

Oh dear, am I ever behind, not only in reporting here but on my blog as well.

I certainly cannot blame it al on the internet, although at times it is slow or was non existant around the equator. It got much better in and around the Islands.

That was the trouble, we have been sailing from island to Island, with the exception of new Years Eve and when we were at Tahiti we stayed all night and departed at 4:30AM for Moorea.

New Years Eve was a great time, with dancing and champagne at midnight, then a midnight snack. I'll post pictures when I get caught up on my blog. However if you want to see a few I have some on my facebook page. Phyllis Fiddes, Truro NS.

When we were overnighting in Tahiti a Paul Gugain ship was parked next to us, they came in as we were at dinner and then they proceeded to party well into the night. There was music and people talking on the microphone on the outside decks till well past midnight.

We are still having a great time and have a sea day tomorrow with a formal evening to follow.

Oh yes, on Ne Years Eve we didn't have to dress formal we could dress casual Polynesian.

there were a few tuxes but most were very colorful in bright shirts and dresses of south Pacific style.

We have had excellent entertainment on board every night. HAL got it right this cruise

Helen

Oh dear, am I ever behind, not only in reporting here but on my blog as well.

I certainly cannot blame it al on the internet, although at times it is slow or was non existant around the equator. It got much better in and around the Islands.

That was the trouble, we have been sailing from island to Island, with the exception of new Years Eve and when we were at Tahiti we stayed all night and departed at 4:30AM for Moorea.

New Years Eve was a great time, with dancing and champagne at midnight, then a midnight snack. I'll post pictures when I get caught up on my blog. However if you want to see a few I have some on my facebook page. Phyllis Fiddes, Truro NS.

When we were overnighting in Tahiti a Paul Gugain ship was parked next to us, they came in as we were at dinner and then they proceeded to party well into the night. There was music and people talking on the microphone on the outside decks till well past midnight.

We are still having a great time and have a sea day tomorrow with a formal evening to follow.

Oh yes, on Ne Years Eve we didn't have to dress formal we could dress casual Polynesian.

there were a few tuxes but most were very colorful in bright shirts and dresses of south Pacific style.

We have had excellent entertainment on board every night. HAL got it right this cruise

Helen

Your blog is great Helen.

Glad to hear you are happy with the entertainment.

Enjoy :)