Evening Themes

chrisg1uk

Some last minute help please.

Going on ventura 2 Jan and getting excited. A couple of questions please:

1) I have heard that in addition to the formal nights there may well be other themed evenings such as a 60's/70's disco. Can't see anything in the cruise personaliser about this but would want to join in (probably). Does anyone know if this type of evening is likely and if so what the themes might be so that we can throw in the right "tops".

2) Looking at some of the threads, it would seem that lots of people already know which evenings will be the formal ones. Can someone point me in the direction of this information or is it just from experience?

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Some last minute help please.

Going on ventura 2 Jan and getting excited. A couple of questions please:

1) I have heard that in addition to the formal nights there may well be other themed evenings such as a 60's/70's disco. Can't see anything in the cruise personaliser about this but would want to join in (probably). Does anyone know if this type of evening is likely and if so what the themes might be so that we can throw in the right "tops".

2) Looking at some of the threads, it would seem that lots of people already know which evenings will be the formal ones. Can someone point me in the direction of this information or is it just from experience?

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Hi, yes there is theme nights, caribbean where the men can opt for those bright shirts, the wait staff wear flowery shirts too, :) not seen too many dressed for 60s but could just be me not going to the disco on deck, if you check cruise personaliser the sea days are typically Formal nights.

Have a lovely cruise Chris

Mrs Blue Sky

Hi as stated before there are themed nights and if you look in your daily news letter it will tell you at the top of the page what the dress code is for that evening. I tend to wear a tropical sun dress for the evening of the tropical night and my husband wears the brightest Caribbean shirt he can find on the islands. Also one of the formal nights will be a black & white night were the ladies wear black & white. I wear a black dress with a white shrug just to give you an idea. I don't think many people bother with the 60s night. Hope this has been of some help to you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Tropical nights seem to be mainly for warm weather cruises such as Caribbean. 60s and 70s nights seem to be on other cruises. I just take my 'tropical' shirt bought on board a few years ago and wear it as 60s and 70s but most people seem to ignore the theme. In the past, waiters dressed for the theme but they don't seem to now.

https://ask.pocruises.com/resources/carnivaluk/before-you-sail/VenturaD.pdf don't know if that link works but if not it tells you on the P&O site under questions and answers what you can expect on your cruise.

Thanks again both. Why could I find that link - am rubbish at searching.

Edited by chrisg1uk