Luggage Tags Size Now

roger001

Now...in the total scheme of things, luggage tags, however they are or are not made available pre cruise now, it is just not a biggie for me. So, this is only a curiosity question.

I booked a cruise two days ago....and already have my e-docs available and printed (how 'bout that). I noticed though the edocs are a new format. Question. I clicked on "print luggage tags". A page to print appeared. However, the size of the luggage tag to print is now super big, much too big for a standard luggage tag holder....no matter how you fold the tag. Ok....is this just an issue with my computer formatting it too big, or has anyone else noticed this? I ain't no computer genius, but I did try re-sizing it and was unable. No sweat though....I scanned it, then resized, and printed some for a perfect fit. However, still curious??? Ok...that's it.

They are bigger now. The same size as most other lines. You are correct the old narrow holders no longer work. You will need to get the standard holders.

I asked this question on my rollcall but no answer. Thank you. Unfortunately, I had just purchased a a batch of the narrow tags. I realize you can fold the new ones to fit but defeats the purpose of buying the tags to fit. Oh well.

I fill them out, fold them, then "laminate" them with clear packing tape. I then punch a hole in the corner and secure with ribbon or twine....easy and cheap!

I also 'laminate' our luggage tags with clear packing tape. Not only does it make the tags stronger, it makes them waterproof. When my wife's suitcase sunk to the bottom of Miami harbor when it was being loaded onto the Norwegian Star on 17 November 2014, the laminated luggage tag stayed dry and did not smear at all. Guest Services had no problem identifying the passenger and letting her know about the unpleasant incident.

I also 'laminate' our luggage tags with clear packing tape. Not only does it make the tags stronger, it makes them waterproof. When my wife's suitcase sunk to the bottom of Miami harbor when it was being loaded onto the Norwegian Star on 17 November 2014, the laminated luggage tag stayed dry and did not smear at all. Guest Services had no problem identifying the passenger and letting her know about the unpleasant incident.

Wow. So you were one of the unfortunate participants in the submerged luggage event.

Wow. So you were one of the unfortunate participants in the submerged luggage event?

My wife was one of them... she wondered how I escaped the event since our bags were placed on the same cart by the street side porters. I was told all the bags get shuffled during the security screening process and they end up on different baggage carts before they are loaded onto the ship. The cart with her bag rolled off the pier. My suitcase got delivered to our stateroom without incident. Just the luck of the draw and her luck was not good.

I always laminate my tags as well....I heard about the Miami luggage catastrophe I'm so sorry for your wife! I hope they made it right!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

2015 Epic

2014 Breakaway

2013 Epic

2012 Gem

2011 Gem

2008 Explorer of the Seas

My wife was one of them... she wondered how I escaped the event since our bags were placed on the same cart by the street side porters. I was told all the bags get shuffled during the security screening process and they end up on different baggage carts before they are loaded onto the ship. The cart with her bag rolled off the pier. My suitcase got delivered to our stateroom without incident. Just the luck of the draw and her luck was not good.

Curiosity killed the cat and Satisfaction brought it back !

Noticed no animosity or heated commentary about the incident - - -

-SO-

What did NCL do to compensate for the water damages ?

FREE laundry and dry cleaning replacements from gift shop ?

Any irreplaceable items lost ?

Extra OBC UBP UDP ? Next cruise on the house ?

-OR- were the terms with a non-discloser arrangement but we at CC

now know of one of the victims ?

Posted inquiry to note the professional aspects of how NCL handled this !

The tone of the posting seems that it was Que-sa-ra-sa-ra and you were

satisfied with the outcome ?

Pesky pervasive inquisitive Cruise Critic - need the Paul Harvey the rest of the story !

Curiosity killed the cat and Satisfaction brought it back !

Noticed no animosity or heated commentary about the incident - - -

-SO-

What did NCL do to compensate for the water damages ?

FREE laundry and dry cleaning replacements from gift shop ?

Any irreplaceable items lost ?

Extra OBC UBP UDP ? Next cruise on the house ?

-OR- were the terms with a non-discloser arrangement but we at CC

now know of one of the victims ?

Posted inquiry to note the professional aspects of how NCL handled this !

The tone of the posting seems that it was Que-sa-ra-sa-ra and you were

satisfied with the outcome ?

Pesky pervasive inquisitive Cruise Critic - need the Paul Harvey the rest of the story !

As the incident was unfolding' date=' it was somewhat traumatic to learn that one of our suitcases sunk to the bottom of Miami harbor.

My original post is located at: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=44934619&postcount=37

But, we were determined to not let it destroy our vacation and we just rolled with the chain of events that followed. After my DW inventoried her items with the house keeping staff, she met me at the Star Bar and she vented her frustration where Rommell the bar tender heard it. He offered her a complimentary drink to help get over the incident. Normally, she doesn't drink much, but she took Rommell up on his offer and ordered a strawberry daiquiri which she noted was the best one she has had in a long time. Rommell immediately became her HERO aboard the Star.

The staff on board handled the situation well and we moved on enjoying our Panama Canal cruise aboard the Norwegian Star. In our situation, the damage was limited to a TSA suitcase lock (some oil fixed it) and my wife's favorite pair of 12 year old tennis shoes were discolored. She did not follow-up and let anyone know about her damaged shoes which had an insignificant monetary value but were comfortable.

There was no non-discloser agreement. I did have expectations we would receive a follow-up letter from the corporate office in Miami apologizing about the incident and how they are implementing corrective action to prevent the chances of luggage falling in the harbor again.

But it appears this type of expectation is merely a pipe dream...

If they can learn from the mistake, I would be content. Although, I would not turn down any offer tied to a future cruise.

Chris[/color']