Fish Fry Tip-Must read!

weltek

Went to the Fish Fry area last week, our second time there. First time we ate at Two Brothers and Oh Andros. We weren't particularly excited about the food for the prices. This time, we ate just outside of the Fish Fry buildings. We stopped at Gone Fishin, which is the first "food cart area" stall (it's just a roped off square) as you are walking towards the Fish Fry buildings. If the smokers and grill are going-STOP! Sit at a picnic table with your toes in the sand and watch the water while they chop your conch salad. baste your ribs and grill your shrimp. They have large selection of grilled foods. So much better than our last experience and you get beachfront seating!

The guys have a bbq circuit team and compete in KCBS sanctioned competitions.

The only negative is that they don't sell drinks. We went to a truck next door and bought beers.

We went to Fish Fry on our trip earlier this month. Best fried shrimp and conch ever! For the two of us the bill was around thirty bucks. Well worth it. They went right in the water behind the restaurant, got my conch and cracked it right before my eyes. I live in a town known for seafood and our restaurants wished their shrimp was as good as what we ordered!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

As others said, yes, it's in Nassau. Easy walk for the able bodied (no hills, mostly paved sidewalks, probably a mile each way). The walk felt very safe for the two of us.

I don't know if they have cracked conch. Is that basically conch fritters? They specialize in grilled and smoked foods, so I think if you want fried conch, you'll need to head to one of the actual fish fry buildings/restaurants for that. We did, however, enjoy a fresh conch salad that was at least AS good as one I'd had the previous year at another Fish Fry restaurant.

My brother in law is feverishly trying to recreate the bbq sauce we brought home. It's so good and unique.