2015 15 Day Hawaii Cruise from SF

Kingofcool1947

We are going to book the 15 Day roundtrip cruise SF to Hawaiian Islands for 2015.

On your cruise to Hawaii did they have Hawaiian food in any of the dining venues?

Did formal nights require men in suits or tuxs? Or Dressy Hawaiian shirts with dress pants and dress shoes oK? For the ladies?

Did you go ashore and eat Hawaiian food?

Are there Hawaiian centric activities onboard? Hula, ukulele, lei making lessons?

Should I bring my ukulele?

We are going to book the 15 Day roundtrip cruise SF to Hawaiian Islands for 2015.

On your cruise to Hawaii did they have Hawaiian food in any of the dining venues?

Did formal nights require men in suits or tuxs? Or Dressy Hawaiian shirts with dress pants and dress shoes oK? For the ladies?

Did you go ashore and eat Hawaiian food?

Are there Hawaiian centric activities onboard? Hula, ukulele, lei making lessons?

Your best bet is to book a voyage on the Star before the end of February. CD Dave Cole is onboard now. Best CD (and the very best for Hawaii). He will conduct the free ukulele classes. They do have ukuleles on board, but limited. Bring your own. He does fantastic port talks and lectures on the Monarchy. Not to be missed.

I always go ashore to eat the local food. I understand that the Horizon Court has had a "Hawaiian Themed dinner" but not sure how authentic it is (never attended). The Kalua Pig in the MDR was passable. Stay away from the mainland chains (you can do that when you get home). Formal nights should still be formal. Aloha shirts any other time.

Not sure about Makani E (I think those are the entertainers on board). ELUA on the Grand out of LA does hula lessons. Their evening sets always include Hawaiian music. The staff does orchid leis.

Displaced Local Girl

We ate in the MDR. There was mahi mahi and other dishes noted as Hawaiian. No poi.:D

DH wore his white dinner jacket and I had a long dress. We were in the minority, but didn't care what others wore. Are there dressy Hawaiian shirts? Maybe if they had long sleeves. Most of the men had jackets, if not actual tuxes or suits.

Did you go ashore and eat Hawaiian food.

No. I can get spam at home.

Bring your ukulele. There are classes in that, hula, and lei making.

Have a great cruise.

We are doing the Star Princess on 4/29/2015 out of SFO. We will have Eula onboard.

Really looking forward to sailing with them.:):)

ELUA is on the Grand in February (going to Tahiti on the Pacific Princess in January). Dave Cole (CD on the Star) will be going to the Grand in March.

Sorry, you will be missing both of these wonderful Hawaiiana Ambassadors (yes, I am including Dave Cole).

ELUA is on the Grand in February (going to Tahiti on the Pacific Princess in January). Dave Cole (CD on the Star) will be going to the Grand in March.

Sorry, you will be missing both of these wonderful Hawaiiana Ambassadors (yes, I am including Dave Cole).

Sorry cr8tiv1, you are not correct.

Northender will get to see ELUA http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2106988

They are on the Star starting April 29th

Enjoy Northender, they are a lot of fun.

Sorry cr8tiv1, you are not correct.

Northender will get to see ELUA http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2106988

They are on the Star starting April 29th

Enjoy Northender, they are a lot of fun.

I was so excited until I saw this. :(

I stand corrected. Didn't read my notes all the way through. Yes, you will be in for a wonderful voyage. Thank you Fuzzyape.