Celebrity April 2015 Changes...

FirstTimer987

In April 2015 Celebrity Cruises will give unlimited Specialty Dining to certain Suites... when they say unlimited Specialty Dining are they referring to just places like Tuscan Grille and Murano, or basically any dining that comes at an extra charge like Silk Harvest and Bistro on 5 and Cafe Al Bacio and the Gellateria? and Do the Sky Observation Lounge and Michael's Club have age limits?

Thanks!

I don't think that all the details of the Specialty Dining amenity have been worked out yet, so it's doubtful that you will get a definitive answer yet.

At different times of the day, the Sky Lounge does have an age limit. During the Elite cocktail hour, and during late night parties, children are generally not allowed.

On my recent cruises, there have been several families with children staying in the upper level suites which have access to Michael's Club, and their children have been able to accompany the parents there.

I agree with above but would add I think it would follow the Ultimate Dining package which includes Bistro on 5 (and the Porch) but not the Al La Carte locations like the Gastro Bar. Silk Harvest would be included as that is a set fee specialty restaurant. There is no Al La Carte sushi option like on some ships. Cafe Al Bacio does not currently charge for food, so that will not matter. Drinks would be free as if you're in a suite that gets free specialty dining, you'd also have a free premium beverage package. The Gellateria is A La Carte so I doubt it will be included, though you will get some free servings.

Michael's welcomes well behaved children. The Sky Lounge isn't as appealing to us as Michael's as the range of drinks is smaller (though as previously stated, if you're in a suite with unlimited specialty dining, you'll also have a premium beverage package) and service is not as personal.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

In April 2015 Celebrity Cruises will give unlimited Specialty Dining to certain Suites... when they say unlimited Specialty Dining are they referring to just places like Tuscan Grille and Murano, or basically any dining that comes at an extra charge like Silk Harvest and Bistro on 5 and Cafe Al Bacio and the Gellateria? and Do the Sky Observation Lounge and Michael's Club have age limits?

Thanks!

Hi FirstTimer987,

According to the Celebrity FAQ, it's only the top suites that will be offered unlimited Specialty Dining. This is from the FAQ :

Q: Which stateroom categories receive complimentary unlimited specialty dining?

A: All guests sailing in Royal Suites, Penthouse Suites, and Reflection Suites will receive this benefit. It is not applicable for other categories.

If you would like additional information, here's a link to the entire document. Please keep in mind, this document was printed several months ago, so it's not entirely up to date.

Hope this helps, and Happy Holidays !

Edited by Host Andy

I agree with above but would add I think it would follow the Ultimate Dining package which includes Bistro on 5 (and the Porch) but not the Al La Carte locations like the Gastro Bar. Silk Harvest would be included as that is a set fee specialty restaurant. There is no Al La Carte sushi option like on some ships. Cafe Al Bacio does not currently charge for food, so that will not matter. Drinks would be free as if you're in a suite that gets free specialty dining, you'd also have a free premium beverage package. The Gellateria is A La Carte so I doubt it will be included, though you will get some free servings.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

This is my assumption as well. The suite perks was initially described as [something like] all beverages complimentary and morphed into a premium beverage package [and recently appeared on our future bookings as such]. I suspect that complimentary specialty dining will morph into an Ultimate Dining Package which includes the restaurants Jenna lists in the quote.

The only thing I have to add is that the Ultimate Dining Package originally stated that it included two lunches in the specialty restaurants. In reality, at that time, only a maximum of two lunches were offered on any cruise. [i cannot say what the current wording about lunches is because it is very difficult for us in the UK to get to the US website these days and the UK website cannot be relied on for this sort of detail.] On our latest cruise, three lunches were offered -2 in Murano and 1 in Tuscan Grille. We had the Ultimate Dining Package and, for us, all three lunches were included. I specifically questioned this and was told that all lunches were included in the Ultimate Dining Package. However, when we were not required to pay for other items on the cruise [e.g. on many occasions, bottled water] we were told that PH guests do not pay for that. Again, technically we should have been paying for these items.

From our experience on our latest cruise [which was very different from previous cruises in a PH], I believe that from next April PH guests will find that they have very few additional charges once on board. As an example, although we used our Elite+ coupons there was still an additional $100 of laundry we were not charged for; we were not charged for the bottle of wine we used from the minibar; and were not charged for other items we were specifically asked not to tell anyone about because they were not complimentary for all suites [which is why I will not list them here]. Of course, we were still charged for other items such as bottles of wine in restaurants.

FirstTimer987, it is clear that you are trying to decide whether to book a PH on a future cruise for a cruise after the new suite perks have been introduced. There has been a marked difference in our experience, both on board and in our dealings with Celebrity shore-side, since the new suite perks were announced. If I was sceptical about the implementation of the perks when I first heard about them, my experience since has reassured me. Take the plunge. I am sure that you will not be disappointed.

Sue,

We received similar service in the RS and to a slightly lesser degree in the CS. I think the RS and PH will be a pretty comprehensive all inclusive experience where the only charges I think we'll see are bottles of wine, spa, sure excursions and a la carte items at restaurants that have them. Coupons will hopefully be a thing of the past. I have also notice RSs are now even significantly more than the CSs on the same sailing so it is something you'd definitely be paying for.

Your tran pac on Millie should be wonderful.

Happy sailimg,

Jenna

Sue,

We received similar service in the RS and to a slightly lesser degree in the CS. I think the RS and PH will be a pretty comprehensive all inclusive experience where the only charges I think we'll see are bottles of wine, spa, sure excursions and a la carte items at restaurants that have them. Coupons will hopefully be a thing of the past. I have also notice RSs are now even significantly more than the CSs on the same sailing so it is something you'd definitely be paying for.

Your tran pac on Millie should be wonderful.

Happy sailimg,

Jenna

Jenna

Yes, we are really looking forward to being on Millie and [almost] the first to try the new dining room and suite package in full.

I should have said that we really did not need our wine discount vouchers to get a discount on bottles of wine but that is something that was not new on our latest cruise.

I probably should not say this but ... On our latest cruise, the second PH was still available as we boarded. Celebrity were clearly not willing to drop the price prior to sailing. [Other guests in RS had tried!] Someone did manage to do a deal at embarkation. [We did not speak to them so this is hear-say.] However, our butler and others made it quite clear to us that they knew that we were the guests who had paid the full price ...

We're in an RS on Summit for 4/4 and 4/11 and hope we're not too much of test but either way, looking forward to it. Maybe I'll do some posts of menus in the new dining room and other items of note. We're doing the Panama Canal in December next year on Infinity with that big wrap around aft balcony ;) and really looking forward to it.

When do you sail on Millie? Are you port or starboard? I'd prefer starboard normally for an east bound crossing, but on Millie, not sure, hopefully aft is far enough back and away from "the problem". Either way, aft is very different than a side.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

We're in an RS on Summit for 4/4 and 4/11 and hope we're not too much of test but either way, looking forward to it. Maybe I'll do some posts of menus in the new dining room and other items of note. We're doing the Panama Canal in December next year on Infinity with that big wrap around aft balcony ;) and really looking forward to it.

When do you sail on Millie? Are you port or starboard? I'd prefer starboard normally for an east bound crossing, but on Millie, not sure, hopefully aft is far enough back and away from "the problem". Either way, aft is very different than a side.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Jenna

The PH balcony is fantastic for a Panama Canal cruise. We were in a RS but had become friends with the people in the PHs and they held a Canal party as we went through. Sold us on the PH from there on.

We are in the starboard PH for the TP. Rather hoping for some snow on the balcony!

Have a wonderful Christmas!

Jenna

The PH balcony is fantastic for a Panama Canal cruise. We were in a RS but had become friends with the people in the PHs and they held a Canal party as we went through. Sold us on the PH from there on.

We are in the starboard PH for the TP. Rather hoping for some snow on the balcony!

Have a wonderful Christmas!

We're planning on a Canal party with friends, old and new ;) Can the PH dividers be removed or folded back? I wonder if we work with the guests in the other side and invite everyone from Michael's or our Roll Call for an Epic Locks Party :D :eek::cool:

Merry Christmas!

Jenna

Edited by need2bespoiled

We're planning on a Canal party with friends, old and new ;) Can the PH dividers be removed or folded back? I wonder if we work with the guests in the other side and invite everyone from Michael's or our Roll Call for an Epic Locks Party :D :eek::cool:

Merry Christmas!

Jenna

Jenna

Unfortunately not between the two PHs! We did wonder if they were just being difficult about it but Cruise Critic confirmed that they do not open. [Terrible that we believe Cruise Critic rather than what we were told on board BUT we were on the first post-Solsticiation-dry-dock cruise on Infinity and the ship was in chaos.]

Happy Christmas!

Edited by Project_gal