rooms sold out= no price drops

bubba83

So this may be a very stupid questions. But all of the panoramic ocean view rooms for our April 2016 sailing are now sold out....so I wouldn't be able to get benefits of price drops if the cruise has them would I?

P.S. Merry Christmas :D

Edited by bubba83

So this may be a very stupid questions. But all of the panoramic ocean view rooms for our April 2015 sailing are now sold out....so I wouldn't be able to get benefits of price drops if the cruise has them would I?

Correct, if there are no staterooms available in a category, then there are no prices for that category. Without prices there can be no price drops.

Correct, if there are no staterooms available in a category, then there are no prices for that category. Without prices there can be no price drops.

Okay thanks... Im glad we booked it when we did.... It cant come soon enough, my last cruise was in 2008!

I would like to add that it doesn't hurt to keep looking. There is still time before your cruise and lots can happen.

Plus it doesn't hurt to check the other categories of rooms for price drops. It's possible you can upgrade for little to no money!

Edited by readytolose

Based on what I've seen with the price tracking site I use, once there are only 1-2 cabins left in a category you will typically see no price drops, at least among the more desirable cabins. You may actually see increases once inventory reaches that point.

My NYE cruise that leaves on Saturday has single Grand and Owners suite left. the GS is priced about 25% higher than the lowest price it sold for (still less than the historical high for the sailing). The Owners suite is priced the about same it was when the schedule first launched, but still higher than it has been at one point.

My assumption is that they will upgrade a couple of Pinnacles into those suites (maybe today), and then try to re-sell their old cabins. They could also use the suites as a bingo prize onboard, which I know has been done on Oasis class ships with Aqua suites. Given what they charge for bingo they could probably make up a good chunk of the fare that way.

So this may be a very stupid questions. But all of the panoramic ocean view rooms for our April 2016 sailing are now sold out....so I wouldn't be able to get benefits of price drops if the cruise has them would I?

Edited by JasonV1

Are you talking about Grandeur of the Seas seems strange found Ocean views in Cats F, G, H and I for sale in UK. Also remember that TA have a number on hold and will return to Royal at a later date also Royal don't release all cabins in one go on the websites.

Are you talking about Grandeur of the Seas seems strange found Ocean views in Cats F, G, H and I for sale in UK. Also remember that TA have a number on hold and will return to Royal at a later date also Royal don't release all cabins in one go on the websites.

Yes Grandeur of the Seas. We dont have a regular Ocean View. We booked the newer Panoramic Ocean View rooms, there is only like 16 of those on the ship I think....8 on each floor, mid ship, 4 on each side I believe. They are sold out on the RC site.

Don't get me wrong I believe what you are saying the cabin on the UK web site is a cat F and are 220 sq ft with a large floor to ceiling window. Like you we book early and don't get the price drops here anyway we have now decided to wait and book last minute. Enjoy you trip

Based on what I've seen with the price tracking site I use, once there are only 1-2 cabins left in a category you will typically see no price drops, at least among the more desirable cabins. You may actually see increases once inventory reaches that point.

My NYE cruise that leaves on Saturday has single Grand and Owners suite left. the GS is priced about 25% higher than the lowest price it sold for (still less than the historical high for the sailing). The Owners suite is priced the about same it was when the schedule first launched, but still higher than it has been at one point.

My assumption is that they will upgrade a couple of Pinnacles into those suites (maybe today), and then try to re-sell their old cabins. They could also use the suites as a bingo prize onboard, which I know has been done on Oasis class ships with Aqua suites. Given what they charge for bingo they could probably make up a good chunk of the fare that way.

And they do - almost every ship we've been on lately has had a full suite on the Bingo prize list. We once had the cabin next door to the RS, which was offered for bingo - some acquaintances had tried to convince the ship to let them pay a little something extra to upgrade, but were turned down. There was such a massive turnout that bingo moved to the theater.

Yes Grandeur of the Seas. We dont have a regular Ocean View. We booked the newer Panoramic Ocean View rooms, there is only like 16 of those on the ship I think....8 on each floor, mid ship, 4 on each side I believe. They are sold out on the RC site.

We just returned Dec 19 on Grandeur of the Seas and had a POV room. We loved the room. We had 7582 which we had booked in July. I kept checking to see if we could switch to one of the middle rooms, but no luck---I thought the window was larger. Our cabin steward said all the windows are the same size, but the room arrangements are not---at least on seventh floor. The end rooms have the bed by window and middle rooms have sofa by window. We loved the size of the room and it also had a refrigerator. I took lots of pictures and will try to figure out how to post when I have time.

KEEP WATCHING IT! Sometimes a travel agency will have a group of rooms reserved that they release just prior to final payment. The surplus of rooms sometimes will cause a price break.

However, until many rooms become available it most likely won't go down because most cruises are based on Supply and Demand.

We just returned Dec 19 on Grandeur of the Seas and had a POV room. We loved the room. We had 7582 which we had booked in July. I kept checking to see if we could switch to one of the middle rooms, but no luck---I thought the window was larger. Our cabin steward said all the windows are the same size, but the room arrangements are not---at least on seventh floor. The end rooms have the bed by window and middle rooms have sofa by window. We loved the size of the room and it also had a refrigerator. I took lots of pictures and will try to figure out how to post when I have time.

Im glad to hear you loved the room. This will be my very first room with an ocean view! We had to go with a bigger room due to taking our two smaller children who are not old enough for the beds that fold down from the walls or else we probably would have saved some money and got a large interior room. So I am excited to have a room with a view of the ocean. We are on the 8th floor and it is a end room, after booking it and now I realize that maybe a PV middle room would have been better only because the window is more in the middle of the wall. BUT, I am liking that my bed will be by the window (I will claim that side, haha) and wake up to beautiful views!

Oh and I would love to see your pictures if you figure out how to load them...Im fairly new to CC so I cant help you with that!

Edited by bubba83