Question about guarantees

Bilu444

Looking to cruise in January and considering booking a guarantee for the first time. Trying to save a few bucks so thinking of an inside. My question is, once the cabin is assigned, is it possible to change if I pay an additional fee? I am going with my friend and neither of us feel comfortable in an upper bunk and I noticed on some ships, that is the lowest category. So if we get an upper/lower I would hope to change.

Looking to cruise in January and considering booking a guarantee for the first time. Trying to save a few bucks so thinking of an inside. My question is, once the cabin is assigned, is it possible to change if I pay an additional fee? I am going with my friend and neither of us feel comfortable in an upper bunk and I noticed on some ships, that is the lowest category. So if we get an upper/lower I would hope to change.

When I booked GTY for my upcoming cruise, I was made aware that the lowest class of the GTY interior was higher than what any upper/lower are rated at. It may have been 4B or 4c, not sure.

I'm 99% sure that the GTY doesn't even include a 4a as an option. If it is, only for location being on the lowest level.

When I booked GTY for my upcoming cruise, I was made aware that the lowest class of the GTY interior was higher than what any upper/lower are rated at. It may have been 4B or 4c, not sure.

I'm 99% sure that the GTY doesn't even include a 4a as an option. If it is, only for location being on the lowest level.

If you book an INSIDE cabin guarantee I am 100% positive that category 4A is included so you may end up with that.

On Fantasy class ships, people who booked guarantees are quite often assigned porthole cabins, which Carnival views as less than a 4A, so I know that 4A is definitely not the lowest they go. And I have read numerous reports around these boards from people who have indeed been assigned 1As (upper/lowers) on several different ships. It's not common, but it does happen sometimes. Some Carnival reps & other people will try to say that a 1A is not possible, but it actually is, and it has been that way for a couple years now.

Depending on your ship, some 1As have a sofabed instead of an upper bunk for the 2nd bed. If you get one of those, stick with it. If it's one with an upper, you can pay to upgrade if there is availability. If this is for Fantasy class, Triumph class or Sunshine, those are older ships that are allowed to have rollaways. So you could, once you are on board, request a rollaway instead of the upper. As long as they aren't all reserved, the room steward will probably be able to accommodate. Newer ships are not allowed to have rollaways.

Edited by k2excursion

I have been doing some pricing on CCL's page the last couple of days and it says that the Super Saver rate (gty) has the following rules which include getting an upper/lower.

You’ve selected Super Saver!

Guests who select the interior stateroom type may be assigned upper/lower accommodations. Guests who book Super Saver are not eligible for any price protection. This fare does not qualify for Early Saver price protection. A non-refundable and non-transferable deposit is required at the time of booking.

Bill

Finally heard back from my PVP and his answer is when you book a garantee there is no way you will be assigned an upper/lower.

hmm. with as many years as I have been here on CC i have read reports where they DID give the 1As as part of a guarantee.

Like i said-- it is rare it happens. VERY rare. but it can happen

I wouldnt worry about it

Edited by serene56