Tea onboard?

teaperson

I'm going on my first cruise (on the Dream) in January, and I am (I'll admit it) a bit of a tea snob. Does anyone know what brand of tea is served? Is there anywhere on the ship that offers a selection of (preferably loose) teas?

The tea on board varies with the cruise. On the Dream, I suspect they will have Lipton bags as well as a selection of Twinnings. This is the usual for US based sailings. In Europe they had some additional selections.

Palo no longer serves the afternoon tea with loose teas (sad....) I've not gone looking for loose teas elsewhere. We did have a lecture on tea and there were samples of loose teas there, so I know they exist on the ships (at least sometimes).

I'm going on my first cruise (on the Dream) in January, and I am (I'll admit it) a bit of a tea snob. Does anyone know what brand of tea is served? Is there anywhere on the ship that offers a selection of (preferably loose) teas?

On our Dream cruise (in Cabanas, but also available in the MDRs):

2wem5jd.jpg

Don't know for sure it's on the Dream, but on the Fantasy they had specialty teas (leaves) in the Cove Café:

ftihxe.jpg

Edited by Shmoo here

As mentioned, Twinings is available, but some of the loose leaf teas that we had in Palo at tea (which were fantastic) were available in Remy brunch on the Dream earlier this month. It makes me wonder if it'd be possible to order these teas at Meridian, or in Palo/Remy during dinner.

When we were on the Fantasy in 2013, they had two different kinds of tea - twinnings in the buffet and on deck but in the MDR, they had TeaLeaves brand. My mother enjoyed the Mountain Berry flavour so much, I came home and ordered a box for her. Not loose leaf but the tea in the MDR was a premium blend.

We enjoyed a comment from one of the officers on the Med cruise that they had purchased the premium brands for the cruise and their European guests has requested the cheaper brands that they used at home......thus, we had quite a wide assortment on the Magic for those cruises. Twinnings, Nibs, Tetley, and some that I'd never heard of were on board.

• 2 weeks later...