Questions - excursion and OBC

mnventure

We are on the Getaway in 3 weeks! This is only our 2nd cruise...so we're still learning the ins and outs of cruising. I have a couple of questions - thanks in advance for any help!

1. I've looked at a few excursions, but am thinking I'd prefer to book when on the ship so I can use some of my OBC. Are excursions the same price when booked on the ship vs. when booked in advance on NCL? If not, which is more and how big is the cost difference?

2. We have 2 cabins, each with $250 OBC. I've seen the deal where you put a deposit down while on the cruise ($250) and you get OBC of $100 to use on the current cruise. So....pretending I don't use my OBC credit for anything else, could I do this deposit (putting a $250 charge to a cabin)...and end up using the $250 of OBC that I already have to pay for this?

Also, if you do this deal while on the ship....does that mean that I have to book my next cruise directly through NCL? Or can I book it through Travelocity again?

We are on the Getaway in 3 weeks! This is only our 2nd cruise...so we're still learning the ins and outs of cruising. I have a couple of questions - thanks in advance for any help!

1. I've looked at a few excursions, but am thinking I'd prefer to book when on the ship so I can use some of my OBC. Are excursions the same price when booked on the ship vs. when booked in advance on NCL? If not, which is more and how big is the cost difference?

2. We have 2 cabins, each with $250 OBC. I've seen the deal where you put a deposit down while on the cruise ($250) and you get OBC of $100 to use on the current cruise. So....pretending I don't use my OBC credit for anything else, could I do this deposit (putting a $250 charge to a cabin)...and end up using the $250 of OBC that I already have to pay for this?

Also, if you do this deal while on the ship....does that mean that I have to book my next cruise directly through NCL? Or can I book it through Travelocity again?

Prices are the same for shore excursions booked in advance or on the ship, and they do save spaces that can only be booked on the ship. You can only use the OBC on the ship and not for pre-booking so it's best to just wait and do it on the ship.

You can purchase the $250 future cruise reward, and you'll get another immediate $100 OBC for the cruise you're on....so a net charge of $150 will go on to your on board account for that transaction.

You will have 4 years to use the future cruise reward, and you can book it through other places not just directly with the cruise line. I'm not sure about all on line agents so maybe someone else can answer on that specific site.

You can only use 1 future cruise certificate per cabin. Full terms for the program are at the link below...

http://www.ncl.com/popup/cruise_rewards_terms

Yep, the OBC can be used to purchase the $150 ($250-150 OBC deal). Being some can't be used for the service charges, this is a great way to use up OBC.

There have been a few cases of shore excursion rates increasing, that would be the only circumstance where the rates were different between advance online and onboard booking costs. Mostly they would be the same.