Little Bay

tbmrt

St. Martin – Went to Little Bay (Divi Resort)..No charge to use their pool and facilities. Gorgeous beach with pretty decent snorkeling although current was a bit rough for us to snorkel. Would consider going back to this beach/resort for land vacation. Skipped Orient Beach this time due to reported seaweed problems recently.

Barbara & Tom

Did they know that you were not guests of their resort when you were swimming in the pool? They welcome visitor who rent chairs and purchase food to use the beach and their restrooms and since beaches are open to the public, putting your towel down and swimming at the beach there is also an option.

The reason I asked if they knew if you were non-guests when you were swimming in the pool is because recently a poster wrote that they called Divi Little Bay resort and asked if they could use the pool if they went and had lunch there and they were told that the pool was only for the resort guests and not for the use of day visitors.

Edited by Karysa

Did they know that you were not guests of their resort when you were swimming in the pool? They welcome visitor who rent chairs and purchase food to use the beach and their restrooms and since beaches are open to the public, putting your towel down and swimming at the beach there is also an option.

The reason I asked if they knew if you were non-guests when you were swimming in the pool is because recently a poster wrote that they called Divi Little Bay resort and asked if they could use the pool if they went and had lunch there and they were told that the pool was only for the resort guests and not for the use of day visitors.

We didn't actually go into the pool behind the bar, but sat on their nice lounges...No one there...No one asked us if we were guests.

Didn't enter the pool behind the snorkeling so I don't know if we would have been stopped.

The only restriction we were told about was that we couldn't set up our chairs in the beach area behind the snorkeling area.

We didn't actually go into the pool behind the bar, but sat on their nice lounges...No one there...No one asked us if we were guests.

Didn't enter the pool behind the snorkeling so I don't know if we would have been stopped.

The only restriction we were told about was that we couldn't set up our chairs in the beach area behind the snorkeling area.

So you never asked if the pools were open to day visitors is the bottom line. Thanks for the info.:)

So you never asked if the pools were open to day visitors is the bottom line. Thanks for the info.:)

No, we didn't ask, but I had read on Tripadvisor? CC? that the pools were open to all. No one said anything to us when we camped out on the padded pool lounge chairs in back of pool though.

We really weren't too interested in the pools since we spent most of our time snorkeling and sitting on beach there.

No, we didn't ask, but I had read on Tripadvisor? CC? that the pools were open to all. No one said anything to us when we camped out on the padded pool lounge chairs in back of pool though.

We really weren't too interested in the pools since we spent most of our time snorkeling and sitting on beach there.

I read it here once and it started folks talking and that's when another poster got in touch with the front desk at Little Divi to find out if day visitors renting chairs at he beach and buying lunch could use the pool. The answer that they relayed here was that the pool was for the guests of the resort and not for day visitors. It wouldn't bother some folks to be confronted and asked to leave but for some like my DD's even now approaching their 20's they would be mortified. Thanks again for the information.

My husband and I are owners there. The pools are for owners and guest of owners only and not for day trippers. The beach is lovely and the water is refreshing. You have to understand that we pay a yearly maintenance fee in addition to the purchase price for our suite and we feel the pool is part of what we pay for. It just isn't right to have someone use those facilities for free. The beach, again, is gorgeous and a wonderful place to enjoy if you come in for the day.

Edited by Compass Rose

My husband and I are owners there. The pools are for owners and guest of owners only and not for day trippers. The beach is lovely and the water is refreshing. You have to understand that we pay a yearly maintenance fee in addition to the purchase price for our suite and we feel the pool is part of what we pay for. It just isn't right to have someone use those facilities for free. The beach, again, is gorgeous and a wonderful place to enjoy if you come in for the day.

We own a week at the Flamingo so I understand where you are coming from.:)

We'll be stopping in St. Maarten next month on the Eclipse and I am looking for a quiet beach with lounge and umbrella rentals as well as restaurant and washroom facilities. We've been to Maho and Grand Case before but are looking for somewhere with a nicer entry to the water. Does this sound like the Divi beach? I can't seem to find many pics. We wouldn't even think to use the pools without being guests of the hotel but might enjoy the beach and amenities.

Thank you for any info you can provide!

• 5 weeks later...

So please elaborate... we can take a taxi to this resort and use their beach and facilities for a fee? I don't mind paying a fee, I expect to. We'd like a clean beach, with food, beach chairs and umbrellas, and bathroom facilities. Pool use not needed. How and where do we pay this fee? How far is it from the port by taxi ride? Thanks!

Recently went to Little Divi Bay beach. It was just what I wanted, Quiet, beach bar, chairs and umbrellas for rent, faciliities and just such a perfect beach. It was also only a ten minute cab ride from port. I think this is my new favorite beach on St Maarten.

well don't they accept a fee for a day-pass? wouldn't that go torwards upkeep as well? i could see if it was overwhelmed with tons of ppl but since it was empty & they are paying for purchases , no harm done

Do you have any pics of your stay at little Diva Beach? I am having a terrible time deciding where to go for the day. Thanks

Marcia

when are you going? we'll be on the Getaway & will be in st martin on 2/24. I'm having a hard time as well because i have an elec scooter, so just wanted to take a taxi to a beach, swim, lay on sand & get lunch & maybe a little shopping...this Divi resort sounds pretty good.

Recently went to Little Divi Bay beach. It was just what I wanted, Quiet, beach bar, chairs and umbrellas for rent, faciliities and just such a perfect beach. It was also only a ten minute cab ride from port. I think this is my new favorite beach on St Maarten.

this sounds heavenly, so we can rent chairs, umbrellas, have lunch, snorkel...and from phillipsburg its only a 10 minute ride!