My shortest review ever! Imagination 2 day to Ensenada 12/18/14.

gapearl

NO WAY!!! On the bright side I bet there were no chair hogs that day. lol

Is Funship Freddy even still around? I haven't seen him in a while.

I think they replaced him with towel elephantuploadfromtaptalk1419803634984.jpg.a310eedf97df654201ed65b115df3227.jpg

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg I still cruise for warm chocolate melting cake (with two sugar free vanilla ice creams)

Haven't seen him either, but the Towel Elephant was on the pier for pictures.

Gheez we were just a few feet away from each other! I was looking for you in the club at night but don't think I ever saw you.

............................/quote]

Found him and his DW hiding in the Piano Bar. The piano guy was excellant. Too bad he finished his contract on our cruise.

We really enjoyed the guy in the piano bar. One night my husband got to sing with him. After he was supposed to be finished for the night he continued to play, and even sang some songs from his home country.

We were on the Imagination in December and had a great time. I saw cornbread on the lunch buffet one afternoon and had to laugh. It was the bread with corn on top. Not good!!

Sent from my ZTE_N9511 using Forums mobile app

can you tell me more about the American Table? Is it offered in the MDR or is it located in a speciality resteraunt? was the cost worth it? is it a one time fee or bill as you go?

It's the menu in the MDR. Carnival is testing it on four ships. Glory and Liberty out of Miami doing 7 day cruises. Inspiration and Imagination out of Long Beach doing the 3/4 day menus.

It started last January/February and has been tweaked many times.

Thanks for the review! We will be on the cruise in January, have been to Ensenada more times than I would like to admit...but hey not bad for almost free.

Are you on our roll call?

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpgI still cruise for Warm Chocolate Melting Cake (with 2 sugar-free vanilla ice-creams)

Kim, is the Mocha Chocolate Getaway available as a virgin frozen drink?

Yes, most of the frozen drinks I believe are available virgin.

I think they replaced him with towel elephant[ATTACH]334817[/ATTACH]

I see the towel animal all the time and think I'm more creeped out by him than Funship Freddy!

can you tell me more about the American Table? Is it offered in the MDR or is it located in a speciality resteraunt? was the cost worth it? is it a one time fee or bill as you go?

The American Table is available free of charge in the MDR. The only thing you would have to pay for are the specialty steak selections also on the menu. These menus replaces the old menus. The American Table isn't available fleet wide yet, just on a few select ships.

Thanks for the review! We will be on the cruise in January, have been to Ensenada more times than I would like to admit...but hey not bad for almost free.

Thank you! It's not a cruise I would have taken if it wasn't practically free but I'm glad I got to go. Ensenada is a fun little spot to hang out for the day. :) Have fun on your next trip!

Haven't seen him either, but the Towel Elephant was on the pier for pictures.

We really enjoyed the guy in the piano bar. One night my husband got to sing with him. After he was supposed to be finished for the night he continued to play, and even sang some songs from his home country.

We were on the Imagination in December and had a great time. I saw cornbread on the lunch buffet one afternoon and had to laugh. It was the bread with corn on top. Not good!!

Sent from my ZTE_N9511 using Forums mobile app

Haha my cornbread posts are legendary! I don't think anyone will ever get on a Carnival ship and look at cornbread the same again. :D Glad to hear you enjoyed the piano bar. That's not my thing and I never go but people are always asking how was the piano bar entertainer in my reviews, so if someone asks I can say he was good. lol

You're right...that was a short review but just as informative and great pictures. I just finished reading and enjoyed it. I once had a coat on while boarding a cruise...a Mexican Riviera with DH's family on RC Rhapsody of the Seas in January 2000, out of LA. I hope to see you and Heather on the Amazing Race someday soon! Thanks again for another review and looking forward to your next one.

Thank you for the review! However I like all photo reviews I love em all. And here I am living on the west coast but I fly east! Lol. Awesome that it worked out perfectly for you and your friend. :-). My hubs wants to do riviera again.... I might give it another go around. Different ship, and we will take lil dude next time since he is finally potty trained... Woo!

But I totally agree with you about a little bit longer cruise for first timers to really get the feel for it.... My first one was seven and I would have a hard time doing less than that. Lol.

Hope to meet you someday in our cruising adventures!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for your review. I was on this cruise as well. Booked it 2 days before we sailed. :) I am Platinum but my friends I traveled with were not. The Priority line for check in was way longer than the regular line when we arrived. I was in room alone but wanted to check in with my friends in the "shorter" line. That caused a huge problem as my S&S card was already made and was waiting for me in the lounge area. Oops sorry. Anyway it was a cool 2 day get away right before the holidays - especially for having to only pay for the taxes.

Hey lady, so excited that you did another review. Your mini review was great and I enjoyed it, but that was such a tease!!! Personally, I don't think I could do a two day cruise. I would be so upset that I would have to leave after just two days. However at the price you had, Yeah I'd probably go as well.

Hope you and Heather get a chance to do the American Race. My sister was looking for a partner as she loves that type of thing, but me, I'd rather be cruising!!!

Edited by ch27088

Oh for any of the cruise lines to offer such bargains to us poor folks down under:(:(:(

I would LOVE to take a cruise through the South Pacific. Maybe one day if and when I get married that can be my honeymoon. That's probably the only cruise I wouldn't want to take solo.

You're right...that was a short review but just as informative and great pictures. I just finished reading and enjoyed it. I once had a coat on while boarding a cruise...a Mexican Riviera with DH's family on RC Rhapsody of the Seas in January 2000, out of LA. I hope to see you and Heather on the Amazing Race someday soon! Thanks again for another review and looking forward to your next one.

I've looked at the 7 day Mexican Rivieria cruises, but they tend to be more expensive than the Caribbean. Maybe one day and definitely when I will not need a coat. Heather was in shock that it was snowing out there a few days ago. She was like I didn't move to California for this! LOL

Excellent review, thank you! Quick question, did you have an assigned dining time or "your time dining" and which dining room were you assigned to? Just trying to figure out which dining room I may have in the future (I'm YTD) :) Thanks in advance.

I had lat dining at 8:15 pm in the Spirit Dining Room. Your time dining will be held in the Pride Dining Room.

Thanks for yet another exciting review!! Keep it going I need a cruise and it looks like the only way I am going to get another any time soon is thru you. I just returned from a 4 day cruise out of FLL just before Christmas.😎😊

Awwww, thanks! My next cruise isn't until June, unless I can manage to snag another sweet deal like this one. :)

No chance of me ever doing this cruise but I read it just for you! You make me want to though :D

Well thanks for reading! I started reading your Sunshine review. I need to go finish reading it tonight. :p

Glad you had a great cruise Kim. That was a short one. Thank you for post 2 pictures of my favorite things on a Carnival ship(Warm Chocolate Melting Cake & Mocha Chocolate Meltway.).

Hey Monicia! Those are two of my favorites too, as you already know. lol :D Tell your sister I said hi!