Still overwhelming on the boat?

Smilner01

We have gone from rushing to try to fit everything in to doing nothing but a few select activities with afternoon naps if we want. My best advice is to not overdo the sun or drinking and gauge your activities on a daily basis. Rest when you need to and accept you can't do it all. One heavy day of sun or drinking - or even excessive touring- can mess up several days of a short vacation!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I especially agree with the sun part! On our first cruise we saw many people get burned very badly at Half Moon Cay and it really put a damper on the remaining days of the cruise, use sunscreen and mosquito repellant.

Otherwise, I agree with what everyone else has been saying - just RELAX. That is the best thing about a cruise vs. land based vacations, we relax so much more!! You will have a great time!

Get on ship. Find cabin and drop luggage. Head upstairs with everyone else to the buffet on lido deck. (Only aft elevators will be in service) Get a ship map (deck diagram) and keep that and the tear off from the Carnival Capers with you. That'll show times and places for all activities each day. If you get lost find an elevator, there's a map at each one. Have fun.

The Love Boat was a TV show that in all reality was nothing like a cruise ship. Their inside cabins looked more like a suite than a inside. The Big Red Boat was a name of a cruise line.

Ask any sailor; A boat is a vessel you take to get to a ship, other than a submarine which is called a boat. Why? I have no idea. It just is.

I have asked a sailor, my 24 year veteran father of the US Navy. All ships can be called boats.

The Love Boat was a TV show that in all reality was nothing like a cruise ship. Their inside cabins looked more like a suite than a inside. The Big Red Boat was a name of a cruise line.

Ask any sailor; A boat is a vessel you take to get to a ship, other than a submarine which is called a boat. Why? I have no idea. It just is.

Actually, all ships are boats but not all boats are ships.

Yeah right.:rolleyes: You have obviously been up too late and are tired.

Are you a comedy writer? That was hilarious! Thanks for making my day for a laugh!:D
You are quite welcome elliair. I am glad that you appreciate my attempt at humor with my tongue firmly planted in cheek statement. Unfortunately not all readers of this thread grasped my thoughts the same way.

My best tip would be Don't do Everything! Plan as little as possible, explore the ship, and be open to new adventures. You'll relax more and quickly find out what you enjoy and what you don't. Use what you learn on your first cruise and each cruise after and you can plan more to what you enjoy... but always be open to new adventures. Have Fun!!

I completely agree with this. As someone else suggested, stop at Guest Services and ask for a deck plan of the ship. If possible, after you've had lunch on embarkation day, take time to explore the ship and familiarize yourself with where things are. On our first cruise, we were on the ship for three days before we discovered the omelet station. Also, as someone else suggested, read your Fun Times and see what on board activities interest you the most. Do not try to do everything. You'll wear yourself out and won't really appreciate what cruising is all about. Allow yourself the time to just take a deep breath, smile, and relax. Naps, even short ones, are underrated. ;)

My family's first cruise is in a two weeks. The information is overwhelming, does it seem less overwhelming once you get on board? Things like figuring out where to go what to do stuff...seems there are sooo many options :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My two cents .... If you stop smiling go to your cabin and regroup (kind of like an adult timeout). :D Otherwise explore and have a great time.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Forums mobile app

I think it's Carnival as well but look at the carpet in your hallway of your cabin. Is it blue with red trim or vice versa. Saves alot of wandering wrong hall ways. Best tip I ever learned on here.

I know the carpeting is like that on Princess, but I don't remember if it's the same on Carnival.

Edited by Disconnections

Once you reach Platinum status, you will find out the secret location on each Carnival ship where the special elevators are located that will enable you to go from the front to the back on certain decks. It really comes in handy when you're eating dinner in the aft dining room and you want to go to a show that is forward and then after the show, you take the elevator in reverse to go to the aft of the ship for the late night comedy show.

Platinum status has it's privileges. :rolleyes:

Good one!:D:D