Cheers! Drink Package

C. Anne

Is it worth purchasing the Cheers! package in your opinion? I will be the only person over 21 in my cabin and husband will be in another cabin with the guys. So we thought we would be able to share it without having to purchase two. Thoughts? Were you happy your purchased it?

Sharing sounds a bit stressful /not relaxing to me. Since you're not allowed to within the rules, you would have to order drinks separately (5 min apart) and perhaps at different bars in order to hide the fact that you're both drinking under one Cheers.

I don't know - maybe it's just me but I like to sit and relax and not worry that someone would catch us! Not that I'm the ultimate rule follower (I generally smuggle a few beers on the ship), but in this case personally I don't think it would be worth the hassle.

Maybe others think differently though.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am curious as to other replies as well.

This might not be so bad while up on deck, you being the one person running around to different bars to get drinks for everyone else. When do you drink? When do you relax? sounds like a hassle. But what will you do when in the comedy lounge or piano bar or nightclub?

Everyone should just pay for it and no on.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

personally, I can drink enough to get my $ worth with Cheers. But I was also able to get drinks for others. I just went to another bar, one that I wasn't known to frequent, and brought the drink to them. I know this is breaking the rules, but, as a solo traveler, I'm paying roughly double for my cabin. I'm pretty sure a couple of extra drinks isn't going to break Carnival...

I can see it being a pain if you both are strictly going to drink from your one Cheers package.

A few shared drinks here and there everyday could make it well worth it while the husband could still be purchasing a few on his own too.

While none of us here on Cruise Critic can control your actions, yes it is possible. While it is possible, it is against the rules and the contracted terms you agreed to. Be advised, if you are caught, you have the possibility of your Cheers package being terminated with no refund.

I appreciate the honesty from all. I would actually be the one using it for the most part anyway. The cocktails are important to me and my husband is satisfied mostly with the bottles of wine we are able to bring on board, but thought he would enjoy a few cocktails as well. I would really only be using it at the bars around the pool and then wine and cordials just for me at dinner.;)

Thanks!

Is it worth purchasing the Cheers! package in your opinion? I will be the only person over 21 in my cabin and husband will be in another cabin with the guys. So we thought we would be able to share it without having to purchase two. Thoughts? Were you happy your purchased it?

If 15 drinks can get you both through a day then DO IT. They aren't watching because they don't care... you get 15 drinks a day and your cutoff......Id be embarrassed for Carnival if I ever saw them calling someone out on that when there is a drink limit.

I bought the Cheers package twice, both times I was in a solo cabin. Shared it one time with a friend. It was a little inconvenient but not really a deal breaker. I say give it a try. You have just the right situation -- only one over 21 in the cabin and your hubby in another cabin.

Cruise prices go up because the economy dictates it, not becasue someone shared a $8.50 drink that costs Carnival less than $2.00.

I've gotten mixed messages on the limits/policies of the Cheers package. I know there is a 15 drink maximum per day on each card. But I've heard that you can also buy and charge add'l drinks to your ship account as long as you have not reached 15 against your Cheers account. So, for example, I get on board, and during the afternoon have 6 beers. If I get to dinner and want some wine, I could order that and indicate to them to charge my ship account. Then, for the nightlife, I would still have 9 drinks left. Is that the case?

I've gotten mixed messages on the limits/policies of the Cheers package. I know there is a 15 drink maximum per day on each card. But I've heard that you can also buy and charge add'l drinks to your ship account as long as you have not reached 15 against your Cheers account. So, for example, I get on board, and during the afternoon have 6 beers. If I get to dinner and want some wine, I could order that and indicate to them to charge my ship account. Then, for the nightlife, I would still have 9 drinks left. Is that the case?

Yes, as I understand it.

Good question. I would assume it would all go against cheers until the max was reached then charged for the remainders. Never considered doing it any other way.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

that assumption would be incorrect. when you hit the 15, it is a hard cutoff. they will not serve additional drinks after the 15 mark to that card / guest - even if they are willing to pay for them a la carte. that is why it is suggested to order and pay via the S&S account (not cheers) PRIOR to hitting the 15 cutoff.

I say do what makes you happy My DW and i shared during our last 2 cruises. Just do what makes you happy and forget what others think. Like every person against sharing has never broken any rules. If you think its good for you do it.

that assumption would be incorrect. when you hit the 15, it is a hard cutoff. they will not serve additional drinks after the 15 mark to that card / guest - even if they are willing to pay for them a la carte. that is why it is suggested to order and pay via the S&S account (not cheers) PRIOR to hitting the 15 cutoff.

If you buy drinks before the 15 drink cutoff it's not counted. So if you know that you would want to drink more than 15 buy them in the middle.