What River cruise offers true king size beds?

keloh

I've searched the forum for an answer but can't come up with any definite info. Looking for a true American size King bed configuration on a European River cruise. Hoping to book something for fall (September?) 2015. This will be the first River cruise for us, while we have taken ocean cruises many times and land vacations many times. We would like to take my parents also, will be their first time on any such vacation. They considered a river cruise many years ago but decided against due to no king bed... My father is quite tall. I have gone to the Viking, Uniworld, Scenic and TAuck website but they don't really state bed sizes. Thanks.

I've searched the forum for an answer but can't come up with any definite info. Looking for a true American size King bed configuration on a European River cruise. Hoping to book something for fall (September?) 2015. This will be the first River cruise for us, while we have taken ocean cruises many times and land vacations many times. We would like to take my parents also, will be their first time on any such vacation. They considered a river cruise many years ago but decided against due to no king bed... My father is quite tall. I have gone to the Viking, Uniworld, Scenic and TAuck website but they don't really state bed sizes. Thanks.

Wish I had an answer for you, but I can only suggest that whatever company you're interested in, CALL and tell them exactly what you're looking for. All of the river cruises I've been on have had twin beds that are pushed together or not based on your preference. As to length I can't answer since neither of us is over 6'. Good luck, but honestly: make a personal call and ask to speak to someone who can tell you what you need to know.

Also good luck with booking Sept 2015.... River cruises sell out a year in advance or more. Sept is prime time, I have a booking for Sept 2015 which has been sold out for months and I booked it last February!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good Afternoon,

I see that you are asking as to size of beds and can all well relate to your issue.

We are booked like Nana on a cruise with Scenic Tours for September 2,2015 and we booked back in November of 2013 and all I can say is best of luck. September is PRIME time for River Cruising in Europe and most have been sold out for some time now. Will also state that if you do find a cruise in early September that is going out of Amsterdam be well aware that there is a Conference going on there that is The International Broadcasting Conference and Hotels are hard to come by and that the prices are SKY HIGH.

I might recommend that if you should book you either start looking NOW as for a hotel but might also suggest that you may think about renting a House Boat on one of the Canals.

Lisa and I are staying at a hotel called The Toren and are paying 525 Euros an evening.

Smooth Sailings.

Howdy Nana541!! Bags are packed and Oh Sooo Ready To Go..

Keloh you asked about size of beds and wether any of the river cruise boats have real king size ones. We have travelled on both Avalon and APT(AMA). Now the beds are not king size but my husband is 6ft5ins tall and he had no problems. The only gripe we had is that they have two duvets rather than one big one so therefore you can't cuddle up as easy. Go ahead and book a cruise you will most certainly enjoy the experience.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The only gripe we had is that they have two duvets rather than one big one so therefore you can't cuddle up as easy.

I LOVE the double duvets that are common in Europe! Means when I roll over, my husband won't yell at me for creating drafts like he does at home:p We have very different preferred temps for sleeping - at home, he has a twin size electric blanket on his side of the bed only.....I hasten to add- we've never had a problem cuddling when desired.....

My mom's husband (6'1"?) didn't have any problems sleeping on the Avalon beds. Separate, they are "singles" (which is more narrow than a twin) but the length is quite good nonetheless.

I LOVE the double duvets that are common in Europe! Means when I roll over, my husband won't yell at me for creating drafts like he does at home:p We have very different preferred temps for sleeping - at home, he has a twin size electric blanket on his side of the bed only.....I hasten to add- we've never had a problem cuddling when desired.....

My mom's husband (6'1"?) didn't have any problems sleeping on the Avalon beds. Separate, they are "singles" (which is more narrow than a twin) but the length is quite good nonetheless.

I'm with you on the twin duvets! I like the room cold and wrap myself in my duvet like a cocoon....DH likes it cold but likes to burrow in his keeping his legs free. Twin duvets worked so well on cruises we now have them on our king at home!