Long lines?

LadyBerard

I had the pleasure of sailing on NCL Epic's inaugural transatlantic from London to NY. On that ship you also made reservations for some of the shows. We had made reservations for Blue Man Group. On the night of our reserved show, the line you stood in ran basically the entire length of the ship. Needless to say, we did not go see the show. If we wanted to stand in long, slow moving lines, we would vacation at Disney, not cruise. I guess I am asking do you have to stand in long lines for the shows on Quantum? If so, I'm going to guess my husband and I will not be attending the shows which we made reservations for.

I guess I am asking do you have to stand in long lines for the shows on Quantum? If so, I'm going to guess my husband and I will not be attending the shows which we made reservations for.

If you have reservations, you can go in when they open the doors (about 30 minutes before show time). The stand-bys (without reservations) are queued up and allowed in about 10-15 minutes before the show starts. Our suggestion is to get there before that. :rolleyes:

I just got off QotS before Xmas. When it comes to shows EmTeeNesters is right on. But go early! Even 30 minutes prior to the start of Starwater in 270 and there were no seats available in the lower section. (this was on the 2nd night of the cruise, not sure if every night was t like this).

When it comes to the restaurants however it's a crap shoot, whether you have a reservation or not. If you have a 7:00 reservation for dinner and there is a line to get in, you will still be told to wait in the line with everyone else (including people w/o reservations). I know because I watched this happen to a couple that stood in line with me. Also when we walked out of Chops Grill we heard a group complaining they were still waiting to be seated even though their reservation was for 30 minutes prior!

Edited by Fastdak25

Just off the Quantum Holiday Cruise. As far as long lines for shows, We made reservations online ahead of time. On the night of the shows we showed up 45 minutes prior to the show because we like to sit in the first few rows and had no problem as we all arrived together. There was the usually saving of seats or should I say rows including one night that security was called because an outspoken gentleman chose to lambpaste a couple and their young child for sitting in their reserved row. It was disqusting.

As far as lines for dinner , we never waited in line. Again we made our reservations online prior to our cruise. We arrived as a family 5 - 10 minutes before our reservation. Got in the reservation line for the restaurant and walked right in. I do suggest if you make reservations online you print your confirmation because we did have a reservation lost and no questions asked, they got us right in.

As long as you did your part of reserving show times and restaurant times, showed up on time with your entire party the process was very painless.

Just off the Quantum Holiday Cruise. As far as long lines for shows, We made reservations online ahead of time. On the night of the shows we showed up 45 minutes prior to the show because we like to sit in the first few rows and had no problem as we all arrived together. There was the usually saving of seats or should I say rows including one night that security was called because an outspoken gentleman chose to lambpaste a couple and their young child for sitting in their reserved row. It was disqusting.

As far as lines for dinner , we never waited in line. Again we made our reservations online prior to our cruise. We arrived as a family 5 - 10 minutes before our reservation. Got in the reservation line for the restaurant and walked right in. I do suggest if you make reservations online you print your confirmation because we did have a reservation lost and no questions asked, they got us right in.

As long as you did your part of reserving show times and restaurant times, showed up on time with your entire party the process was very painless.

Not sure what time or what restaurants your reservations were for, but we were on the Christmas cruise and for every restaurant we had reservations for 8:30pm, we had a minimum 30 minute wait, some as long as almost an hour.

Not sure what time or what restaurants your reservations were for, but we were on the Christmas cruise and for every restaurant we had reservations for 8:30pm, we had a minimum 30 minute wait, some as long as almost an hour.

Sorry. I just realized you mentioned in your post that you were on the same sailing as us. Also wanted to add that we were a party of 2. You were luckier than us in getting seated right away. Most of the longer waits were for Grande. American Icon, which we ended walking out after taking one bite of our entrees, was the least amount of waiting. We would highly recommend that no one eat there. At one point, as we were being seated, I made a comment to the head waiter at Grande that I should have made a reservation for 7:30pm if I wanted to eat at 8:30, since we were being seated at 9:30. He laughed. Unfortunately, I wasn't trying to make a joke.

I just got off QotS before Xmas. When it comes to shows EmTeeNesters is right on. But go early! Even 30 minutes prior to the start of Starwater in 270 and there were no seats available in the lower section. (this was on the 2nd night of the cruise, not sure if every night was t like this).

When it comes to the restaurants however it's a crap shoot, whether you have a reservation or not. If you have a 7:00 reservation for dinner and there is a line to get in, you will still be told to wait in the line with everyone else (including people w/o reservations). I know because I watched this happen to a couple that stood in line with me. Also when we walked out of Chops Grill we heard a group complaining they were still waiting to be seated even though their reservation was for 30 minutes prior!

This becomes especially annoying when you have made reservations online and already paid for the dinner you are waiting on line to have!!

It was every performance, actually we were never even able to get in to see Starwater.

I know what there planned solution is, I am like a mind reader. Charge $50 a seat to limit traffic as a favor to us. That's how brewed charged coffee bars were originally introduced. Extra pay restaurants, paid ice cream, automatic tips on account, prepaid gratuities, etc all started the same way, as a SERVICE for us. They are doing YOU a favor. Now they have it down to fresh orange juice $4.

Now the price of my bridge in Brooklyn, contact me.....

George in NY

Edited by Georgeny

This becomes especially annoying when you have made reservations online and already paid for the dinner you are waiting on line to have!!

It was every performance, actually we were never even able to get in to see Starwater.

I know what there planned solution is, I am like a mind reader. Charge $50 a seat to limit traffic as a favor to us. That's how brewed charged coffee bars were originally introduced. Extra pay restaurants, paid ice cream, automatic tips on account, prepaid gratuities, etc all started the same way, as a SERVICE for us. They are doing YOU a favor. Now they have it down to fresh orange juice $4.

Now the price of my bridge in Brooklyn, contact me.....

If cruising

George in NY

If cruising is that annoying to you why not find another type of vacation ? Doesn't do any good to come on Cruise Critic and whine.

If cruising is that annoying to you why not find another type of vacation ? Doesn't do any good to come on Cruise Critic and whine.

I have been on CC for many years.......my personal opinion, whether it be positive or negative....is MY opinion and description of my experience. Why is it that CC has become a group of FLAMERS, CHEERLEADERS and CLIQUES that lend themselves to demeaning remarks and in some cases out right rudeness.

Can we please act as adults and permit each other to simply state what they have experienced. Quite honestly, the Quantum is a ship with many problems. I have been on it and unfortunately taking another cruise because I couldn't cancel in time because of penalty.

If each paying customer doesn't give the next paying customer a truthful and accurate description of their experience ....what is the purpose of CRUISE CRITIC to begin with??

Totally disagree with this comment. The whole point of CC for me is to ask for advice, find out what others have experienced and try to also advise others if I feel my experiences might help. Your comment, on the other hand, is useless except to incite. Frankly, I don't need to read comments like yours. It's sad that when some people don't like what others have to say that it becomes a personal attack. I know that I'm currently doing the same thing you are, but could not help but interject. Sorry. Done now.

So wait, did you just log onto a website called Cruise Critic . com and complain that people are being critical of their cruise experience?

:confused:

:rolleyes: