San Diego Embarkment........Help

Ocean Dancer

We will be sailing from SD next fall. There will be one more ship in port with us.........but we will not be a full turnover, mostly adding more pax as this will not be a debarkation port. Our hotel does have a shuttle, but starts at 12:30; I am hearing horror stories about this port, like you have to walk with luggage 40 feet to a block to the bins, or until you are in the security gate. My dh uses a cane on occasion and one of our friends in in a fold up scooter. We all can handle our carry ons, but how do we get our luggage to the bins? I have been on close to 40 cruises, and never heard of this. We ALWAYS drove up to the bins where a porter took your luggage from the shuttle or car. Please put my mind at ease for many handicapped people.

Thanks.

We were just there earlier this month. It will depend on which pier you are using. One pier the shuttle, or a taxi will drop you right where the porters are. The other will be a little further away, but I bet you can get a porter to come get your bag, with an appropriate tip.

I live in San Diego and have cruised out of here several times. You should not have a problem. What issues you may have heard about was due to road work that has been ongoing around the port. The entire embarcadero will eventually be redone but for most of 2014 the cruise port has been a mess. However passengers are being allowed to be driven right up to the port where porters with carts are waiting to take your bags from the car. You shouldn't need to touch them unless you wish to.

I hope this reassures you and you have a wonderful cruise with no worrying.

Tom

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2