Recent Reviews

I am not one to usually comment on a review but the most recent one on here gives 4 out of 5, yet titles it Cruise From Hell. The main complaint is the large amount of passengers coughing and having chesty coughs. Now you cannot blame that on the ship. Passengers come on with coughs and coughs and colds are rife at this time of the year. I.m sorry but I have to dispute this , this time.

I am not one to usually comment on a review but the most recent one on here gives 4 out of 5, yet titles it Cruise From Hell. The main complaint is the large amount of passengers coughing and having chesty coughs. Now you cannot blame that on the ship. Passengers come on with coughs and coughs and colds are rife at this time of the year. I.m sorry but I have to dispute this , this time.

I do agree with you - reviews are so illogical sometimes. Poor overall ratings when perhaps only one issue has scored low and sometimes 5* ratings when individual scores have been 2* or 3*. Surely the headline score should reflect the average star ratings.

That's why I like to read the review carefully and decide whether 'issues' are really important to me - and moreover that explanations are included - otherwise how can you judge whether the rating seems fair or not? If they seem unwarranted like the example above, then I would ignore them.

But issues like illness such as this, as you say, is not the fault of the ship or cruise line. Sometimes an unfortunate experience (like the recent building work) can affect or spoil someone's holiday but once finished, won't be a problem for anyone else although the blame there is clear for all to see. Noro, whilst awful for those on board who suffer, again, will hopefully be a snap shot in time and not necessarily affect future cruises. Whilst justified issues to raise in a review, we have to look at the whole picture and determine whether it's a transient problem or something which isn't likely to go away!

So, it'as all in the detail - but on this occasion I'm with you - I think it sounds like an unfair complaint!

think it all comes down to (or Downtown Abbey :rolleyes:) what everyone expects and what they do receive in return for money paid

I quote

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When

you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay

too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you

bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The

common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a

lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well

to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will

have enough to pay for something better.” :eek:

― John Ruskin 8 February 1819 – 20 January 1900 :eek:

Have a good new year to all on this forum

Stevie:)

Well Steve, I have been following Celebration for ages. I got a £100 voucher - ooh goody thought I ;) When I checked they had put the price UP £100. Boxing day when the voucher had run out, the price went had gone DOWN £100 :rolleyes: Do they think we are stupid? :D

After all these air crashes/emergency landings etc Southampton is looking very tempting. Just pricing up the Canaries on Boudicca - looks good, but wondering how rough the BOB would be in February :eek:

Not yet Linda looking to book FO sometime this year (pardon me I do mean Fred Olsen ;) )

Think Thomson are now taking the mickey out of us all, but I may be proven wrong :confused:

ps

Jim the Scot has been very quiet hope he is ok

Stevie

I've been wondering where Jim is too! Not heard much from him since he was on the Majesty. Hope all is well.