Insignia, December 7th cruise

Lady golfer

You could probably call the Insignia hotline & ask what you need to do

Have your list of missing items ready

just a thought

They may have been packing the luggage in a darkened ship so may have missed things

Hi there,

Our final piece of luggage arrived yesterday (December 29). We are missing all of our duty free liquor purchases and a bottle of red wine that amount to over $100. in costs. We know that some passengers had their liquor purchases packed in their luggage. We did have bubble wrap in our luggage.

Also, we have had no communication from Oceania about the per diem dollars owing to us for incidental costs like some warm clothing for our trip home to northern Ontario in Canada.

You could probably call the Insignia hotline & ask what you need to do

Have your list of missing items ready

just a thought

They may have been packing the luggage in a darkened ship so may have missed things

With regard to clothes, toiletries, etc bought before we came home, Oceania told us to claim on our own insurance. We have to provide proof from the insurance company that our policy will not cover it and even then there is no guarantee Oceania will pay up. They are not being helpful or informative! I did not choose to arrive in Miami in my swimsuit and did not intend to travel back to a Winters Day in Heathrow in it!

The packing took place some time after the event and the packing ought to have taken place in daylight. There is no reason for missing items. Amongst other things, both our torches are missing so I guess someone found those useful in the dark!

In spite of lots of plastic bags in our cases, the packers just threw bottles of shampoo, body lotion, etc., in with the clothes without checking tops etc.. Lots of damage caused through leakages. It is problem enough to get reimbursement of expenses in Miami so we shall just accept the losses/damage, it is really not worth the hassle.

With regard to clothes, toiletries, etc bought before we came home, Oceania told us to claim on our own insurance. We have to provide proof from the insurance company that our policy will not cover it and even then there is no guarantee Oceania will pay up. They are not being helpful or informative! I did not choose to arrive in Miami in my swimsuit and did not intend to travel back to a Winters Day in Heathrow in it!

The packing took place some time after the event and the packing ought to have taken place in daylight. There is no reason for missing items. Amongst other things, both our torches are missing so I guess someone found those useful in the dark!

In spite of lots of plastic bags in our cases, the packers just threw bottles of shampoo, body lotion, etc., in with the clothes without checking tops etc.. Lots of damage caused through leakages. It is problem enough to get reimbursement of expenses in Miami so we shall just accept the losses/damage, it is really not worth the hassle.

I know what you mean on the luggage claims. I decided to start with the insurance company, but the form wanted a proof of submission to O. Sent the claim formi in with just the O emails regarding the luggage. I'll let you you how that fares when I hear from the claims person. I have a feeling there might be a bit of finger pointing between the two before this gets resolved.

Blindcreek, if you haven't already, you might want to correspond with Guestrelations@oceania.com and see where that gets you.

BTW...I think you two were the absolutely charming marathon runners we chatted with when there was a long line for the MDR a one night. Marathon runners always find each other!

Hi there,

Our final piece of luggage arrived yesterday (December 29). We are missing all of our duty free liquor purchases and a bottle of red wine that amount to over $100. in costs. We know that some passengers had their liquor purchases packed in their luggage. We did have bubble wrap in our luggage.

Also, we have had no communication from Oceania about the per diem dollars owing to us for incidental costs like some warm clothing for our trip home to northern Ontario in Canada.

We received our last 2 pieces of luggage on Christmas eve. One came on the 22nd and one on the 23rd. One case was ripped but we believe the contents of all four are complete. Much to our surprise was one of our bottles of wine which had been left on the desk in a wine bag .

Today our TA sent a letter to Customer relations claiming on our behalf, the promised $100 per person which we had used to purchase warm clothes....a cheap sweater each and cheap slacks for my wife. As we were independent air travelers the TA also claimed our ticket change fee of $200 per person and up charges of $138 per person. I consider these charges to be 'O's responsibility as they caused (however unfortunate) the necessity for the change of flight.

We received our last 2 pieces of luggage on Christmas eve. One came on the 22nd and one on the 23rd. One case was ripped but we believe the contents of all four are complete. Much to our surprise was one of our bottles of wine which had been left on the desk in a wine bag .

Today our TA sent a letter to Customer relations claiming on our behalf, the promised $100 per person which we had used to purchase warm clothes....a cheap sweater each and cheap slacks for my wife. As we were independent air travelers the TA also claimed our ticket change fee of $200 per person and up charges of $138 per person. I consider these charges to be 'O's responsibility as they caused (however unfortunate) the necessity for the change of flight.

The per diem is where I get really fuzzy as to my understanding of what was offered, particularly since we were operating on no sleep. We kind of treated it as for food in the hotel - which we actually exceeded by a few dollars (we spent the night so we had three meals). But, if that was already a O pick up, then I should have perhaps sent what we spent to O for the warm clothes from Walmart at least.

I perhaps already zigged when I should have zagged, so I guess I have to wait until I hear from the insurance company.

The per diem is where I get really fuzzy as to my understanding of what was offered, particularly since we were operating on no sleep. We kind of treated it as for food in the hotel - which we actually exceeded by a few dollars (we spent the night so we had three meals). But, if that was already a O pick up, then I should have perhaps sent what we spent to O for the warm clothes from Walmart at least.

I perhaps already zigged when I should have zagged, so I guess I have to wait until I hear from the insurance company.

Our understanding from the letter given to us at the EPIC hotel is that the $100 per diem was for hotel expenses only. We were there one night and two days and we bought two breakfasts and had just pizza in the evening (room service). People were dressed very smart around the hotel in the evening due to Xmas parties so we didn't feel like going to the restaurant in our new cheap ill fitting jeans! We were well under the allowance and on reflection I wish we had raided the minibar!

I am sure there was no allowance for buying clothes or toiletries. We spoke to Oceania staff in the morning for clarification about reimbursement for some shopping and they just said keep the receipts and try and claim when we get home. They definitely would not accept the receipts whilst we were at the hotel.

Some people stayed in hotels which had gift shops selling clothes and toiletries. I guess they could have charged this to their rooms. There was no such facility at the EPIC.

Our understanding from the letter given to us at the EPIC hotel is that the $100 per diem was for hotel expenses only. We were there one night and two days and we bought two breakfasts and had just pizza in the evening (room service). People were dressed very smart around the hotel in the evening due to Xmas parties so we didn't feel like going to the restaurant in our new cheap ill fitting jeans! We were well under the allowance and on reflection I wish we had raided the minibar!

I am sure there was no allowance for buying clothes or toiletries. We spoke to Oceania staff in the morning for clarification about reimbursement for some shopping and they just said keep the receipts and try and claim when we get home. They definitely would not accept the receipts whilst we were at the hotel.

Some people stayed in hotels which had gift shops selling clothes and toiletries. I guess they could have charged this to their rooms. There was no such facility at the EPIC.

After those couple days, you definitely should have raided the minibar...it was probably my extra glass of wine that pushed us a tad over the $200. We were fortunate that we were in the Doubletree, since it was just an airport hotel. With the crew there everyone was dressed casual.

I received an e-mail from the insurance company which is taking care of the Chase United Airlines credit card claim. It said our claim for delayed luggage was sent for final approval and if there are no further questions by the final adjuster to expect a check within 10 days. The annual credit card fee has paid for itself already.

Claim form was pretty easy and could be submitted online with scanned copies of receipts. For documentation of the delay all I used were the e-mails sent by Oceania regarding the luggage. I also combined my husbands expenses under my claim number, rather than setting up an additional claim for him. Under the policy we were allowed up to $100 pp per day up to 3 days, so up to $600. Total claim was only $315.