Hobbiton Movie Tour

We plan to tour Hobbiton while visiting New Zealand. We will be renting a car and driving from downtown Auckland. We are looking at the 1:00 Tour. They are available from either the Shires Rest, or Matamata i-SITE. I planned to purchase the tickets in advance on their website: http://www.hottitontours.com. Which location should we plan to leave our rental car and take the tour from? Is one better than the other? Time is not an issue. We plan to leave our hotel by about 9:30AM, and drive down. Probably have lunch in Matamata, then do the tour. After the tour, we will continue our journey to Rotorua for a 3 night stay. Thanking you in advance for all your help!

We did this from Tauranga on our Dawn Princess cruise in December.

If you intend to have lunch in Matamata then I would suggest using the Matamata i site. It costs you no more and the i site is quite interesting in itself.

Our tickets cost us $75 NZ from the web site and we had a fabulous time. We chose the "Cider" free drink in the Green Dragon and really enjoyed it.

Have promised our grand daughter that we will take her, we enjoyed it so much.

Enjoy.

March 2014 I did Hobbiton and Rotaurua from Tauranga using Zealandier tours rather than cruise ship. We only received free drink. In Oct 2014 I cruised with my sister-in-law and sent her on same tour but they did Rotaurua first and then Hobbiton. She got lunch at Hobbiton included. Same price. Excellent trip. Such a good feeling when you watch latest Hobbit movies and see the Shire.

We did this in December before our Solstice cruise. We booked to leave from Shire's rest. We got there early and had lunch. For a major attraction we thought the prices were reasonable.

I haven't seen any of the films but enjoyed Hobbiton. We had a fantastic warm day and the scenery looked so bright. I even got sunburnt.

My daughter loved Hobbiton but the best part of the cruise for her was seeing the latest movie in Wellington two weeks before the release in Perth.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app