Ventura: cabin locations

jasperado

Looking to book our second cruise (first was last year on Oceana) and would like some guidance please.

I have realised that mid ship is more expensive for each style of cabin, followed by aft then forward. Is there really such a difference to the comfort of "sailing experience" that the position of a cabin can command a £150 pp premium in a balcony cabin and an £80 premium for an inside cabin?

BTW, looking at Spain, Monaco and Italy 27th September, and I realise this will entail a BoB crossing in October :eek:

I look forward to your comments.

Thankyou.

Looking to book our second cruise (first was last year on Oceana) and would like some guidance please.

I have realised that mid ship is more expensive for each style of cabin, followed by aft then forward. Is there really such a difference to the comfort of "sailing experience" that the position of a cabin can command a £150 pp premium in a balcony cabin and an £80 premium for an inside cabin?

BTW, looking at Spain, Monaco and Italy 27th September, and I realise this will entail a BoB crossing in October :eek:

I look forward to your comments.

Thankyou.

If you look at the deck plans for a ship, and are paying select fare (so you can pick your cabin), You can usually see where the splits are. At the front you may have more movement as the ship is going through waves, and hear the anchor being lowered. This tends to be lower down though.

Aft you may get movement and engine noise.

If you can pick your cabin try and get one as close to midships as possible. Then you have the best of both worlds..less movement ,engine noise, and cheaper price.

Do not worry about the BOB. We have been across loads of times and I don't think we have ever had a bad crossing. Bumpy maybe ,but that is all.

A few years ago we upgraded to a Deluxe Balcony cabin on Ventura, it was on E Deck i think cabin 721, It was toward the rear of the ship but it was a great location, but the ship was so stable that you never really noticed any movement at any part of the ship. Maybe in rough sea you would feel a little more at the rear. We have sailed on Azura twice and had mid ship standard cabins on higher decks both time, They were quite a lot cheaper but just as nice and fine for a one week cruise

There may, as others have suggested, be more obvious movement nearer the bows or stern, but only in certain sea conditions i.e. when the ship is pitching significantly. In my opinion rolling is more likely, most of the time, and in that case a high deck rolls through a greater length of arc than a lower deck. When we were on Arcadia last week, we could certainly feel the roll more in the Crows Nest (deck 10) than in our cabin (deck 4).

Back to Ventura. We generally try to get a lower-price cabin as few doors away as possible from the dividing line between one grade and another - there's no way that you'd actually be able to tell any difference between two cabins next door to each other, but if the dividing line is between them then one will be more expensive than the other. Twice, I think, we bagged the cabin nearest the next grade up on C deck on Ventura. Of course, they also keep moving the dividing lines....

Thankyou for your comments. When we were on Oceana last years friends of ours were also on the cruise, and they paid "top dollar" for a cabin midships....but we noticed that we, and every other person that got off the lifts had to toddle past their cabin to get to THEIR cabins. Sometimes I actually staggered past late at night (so did others lol ) so would that situation and location merit the extra cost ???